chapter 2

"Who are you? And what are you wearing?! Have you no sense of style?!! Ugh!"

"WHAT?" Incredibly insulted, [Name] glanced down at her attire. It was the common style for Hylians in Castle Town; no one ever denigrated her on her choice of clothing before. Yet this figure continued to ingrain a patronizing stare deep into her skull, causing her to avert her gaze. His smirk then reappeared just as quickly as it had vanished.

"Oh, I see, skychild. Since my lord killed that little worm, you've come to avenge him. What a valiant girl you are."

"What? No, I just found these sword pieces, and put them together, and then it formed a Hylian, somehow??"

"How presumptuous. I, Demon Lord Ghirahim, am most certainly not one of her descendants. Hmph... Though this is of utmost peculiarity. Skychild, this is the Surface, is it not?"

"...What's 'skychild'?"

"I suppose I should seek the whereabouts of my master to discern this situation." Placing a hand on his chin, as if to appear deep in thought, the self-proclaimed Demon Lord glanced skyward. He then turned his gaze back onto [Name]. "You must know. Else why would you be standing before me? Don't play coy, skychild. Tell me - where is Master Demise?"

[Name] simply shook her head, offering an unknowing shrug.

Ghirahim expressed his obvious annoyance with a crabby roll of his eyes, then snapped his fingers. Instantaneously, a thin, narrow sword appeared in his right hand.

"The alternative... I could play with you until you're ready to speak up."

"W-Wait, I'm unarmed!" [Name] raised her hands in surrender, though this didn't stop the Demon Lord from charging towards her. She ended up scrambling to sprint away, turning back only when she was sure he had stopped.

Unfortunately for her, she miscalculated and would have been impaled if Ghirahim hadn't halted his movements millimeters away from her. She glanced down at the white-haired man, seeing him bite his lip.

"...I suppose it was rather uncivil of me to attack the defenseless," he murmured, his voice laced with slight embarrassment.

[Name] almost rolled her eyes at that comment - still feeling insulted - before remembering she truly was defenseless at the moment. She no longer possessed the weapon selection she used to have. In the past, she had made the unwise decision of traveling with all her materials on hand and through a previous ambush, each of them were confiscated by bulblins.

Ghirahim straightened his posture, smoothing out his cloak which had shifted from his attack.

"Though I don't care much for it, I will ask for your name, skychild."

"What the hell's a 'skychild'?!" [Name] asked, growing more frustrated by the minute.

Ghirahim sighed, weaving his gloved fingers through his luscious white strands. "Could you be any more ignorant? Skychildren live up in the sky to sulk over their cowardice. Unlike myself, who presides over this land in Master's absence."

"Sky... What..?" [Name] furrowed her brows. This man was talking nonsense, undoubtedly. However, she still tried to piece together what he was trying to get to her. And finally:

"Ohhhhh!!" she exclaimed, snapping her fingers. "By 'master,' you mean the king! Yes, I know where he is." She took ahold of Ghirahim's hand, who immediately slithered out of her grasp.

"While it absolutely fills my heart with rainbows knowing Master is finally king, don't touch me with your filthy Hylian hands."

"..." [Name]'s eyebrows twitched, and she deadpanned, before deeply exhaling through her nose. "...Fine." Already, she could tell this was someone she never wanted to see again.

Upon releasing the Demon Lord, her eyes widened in surprise as he suddenly shattered in thousands of red and white-colored diamonds. These fragments then piled up on the ground, forming physical broken-down shards of the sword he initially appeared as.

"...Huh?" She stared down at the pieces, wondering how that happened. Then she snorted. "While it absolutely fills my heart with rainbows knowing you can't talk anymore," she mocked, gathering the pieces in her satchel, "I'd feel bad if I left you here..."

Once she was certain there was nothing left for her to collect, she buckled her pouch and, at long last, arrived in Castle Town.