Hooked on a Feeling

Hooked on a Feeling

Sirius woke bright and early on 1 September, crawled his way out from beneath Remus's arm, which flopped over his chest, and made his way downstairs to the kitchen to find Gideon and Fabian Prewett, at the kitchen table with Charlus Potter. Fabian was grinning and waving about a wizarding photograph of a fire-haired baby wrapped in a blue blanket. "Named him Percy!" Fabian was boasting. "Percy Ignatius Weasley. Mornin' Sirius... You want to see our new nephew?"

Gideon took the photo and waved it at Sirius, "Brand spankin' new and adorable as could be."

"I'm not much of a baby person," Sirius said. He got got a bottle of pumpkin juice from the fridge and settled himself into a seat at the table.

Sirius's warning wasn't enough to keep the baby photo from being waved under his nose. A little pink bean shaped person with hair twice as red as Gideon and Fabians blinked up at him and waved tiny baby fists at him. "Looks like a Percy, dunn't he?" Fabian asked, grinning.

"Sure," Sirius said, still unimpressed by the gooey, smushy little thing staring up at him from the photograph.

Gideon was beaming with pride. "Only just born a week ago," he said.

"Still can't believe she hasn't named one of her kids Fabian after my fabulous self."

"Before Molly's named one Gideon? Don't be mad."

They prattled on for several minutes, arguing over whose name was more appropriate for Molly's next child and why - until finally Gideon broke it off with a - "Bah!" and turned to Sirius, just as Sirius was finishing off his pumpkin juice. "Oi, look, my reason for comin' -- not at all to fight over the future generation of Giddy and Fabulous... It's like this... here..." Gideon reached into the pocket of his unbuttoned auror's uniform and jangled a key hanging on a hot pink rabbit's foot keychain. He held it out, the key dangling from his index finger. "Here you are."

Sirius hesitated, staring at the key hanging from Gideon's hand. "What's that?"

"What is that?" Gideon echoed. He glanced at Fabian, "Not terribly bright, is he?"

Fabian shook his head in disapproval.

"The key to your motorbike, of course!" Gideon said. "I finally was able to pull it out of Ministry custody today... good as new, out in the carpark waitin' for you."

Sirius snatched at the keys, only have them yanked away. "Ah-ha," he said, "Couple ground rules first. You absolutely - under no circumstances - are to fly this motorbike to Iceland."

"Done," Sirius said, smirking.

Sensing there was a catch to Sirius's quick agreement, Gideon added, "Or anywhere else that muggles will see you for that matter."

Sirius grinned again. "Also done."

Fabian's eyes twinkled as he looked between his brother and Sirius. Gideon sighed and dropped the keys into Sirius's palm and Sirius brought it to his chest in victory and whispered yessssunder his breath and Gideon sighed, "Going to regret that, I am... aren't I?"

Fabian and Charlus nodded, smirking, but Sirius said, "Not a bit!" ....but he, too was smirking.

"...very impractical... I mean, where are we supposed to put the trunks, perhaps another time? Another time when we aren't toting loads of stuff about?"