21. Devotion

You opened your eyes at the feeling of a heavy weight on your chest

You opened your eyes at the feeling of a heavy weight on your chest. Due to this, you had difficulty breathing and craned your neck upwards to check on the object, but was surprised when you saw nothing.

As you tried to stand but was held down by the invisible weight, you groaned loudly. You blinked once, twice, thrice and realized you were in a very familiar white room.

"Rise and shine, Sky. If that's how you humans say it."

You craned your neck upwards, seeing K staring back at you with blank eyes. Her coat was unbuttoned, revealing her purple arms and black undershirt. Her hood was down, silver hair stringy and loose.

"If you are wondering why this is happening once more," K interrupted before you could voice out your confusion. "You have not passed away and are merely in the dream world after you have lost consciousness."

Dream world? Lost consciousness? Before the confusion could hit you, you had a major flashback of the past events that took place. An explosion. Feathers on your face. Jungkook screaming.

Jungkook.

"He is fine," K muttered whilst you finally stood up, the weight on your chest disappearing. "Jungkook lost consciousness as well and broke one of his wings but he is fine."

You blinked, tears threatening to drip down your eyes. After finding out about Jungkook's condition, you felt guilty, thinking that it was all your fault. You were a guardian, yet you had failed to protect Jungkook and he became gravely injured instead.

Even when you have discovered your own supernatural abilities, you still felt helpless, only present to pull down everyone.

You started to procrastinate, squeezing your knees to your chest and tugging your hair, K staring at you with no emotion whatsoever. You did notice, however, that K actually looked slightly... sad?

What had happened?

A deep voice rumbled throughout the plain white room, cutting you out from your thoughts.

"Sky..."

You tilted your head slightly to the side in confusion and looked around, wondering why you could hear a male voice in a giant room where only you and K were present.

"I know that I haven't been the best person to you but... I-I'm sorry, okay? It's just... I'm not really good at expressing myself."

"I told you, did I not, Sky?," You stood up next to K and flinched a bit when you saw her smirking, her fangs poking out of her lips. "You are merely in dream land, a space within the dimensions, where I am free to converse with you. You can still hear what goes on in the real world."