Chapter 40

Third person: College
Daryl and the other came to a old shop covered in leaves and vines. "You see something?" Bob asked Daryl, who was walking towards a pile of vines. "I don't know. Maybe." He said back.

Tyreese and Bob began to pull vines from a car windshield as Daryl tried to hotwire the car, having no luck. He climbed from the car and shut the door. "We gotta find us a new battery." He said and looked into the side window of the shop, spitting on his hand and wiping it against the dirty glass. A walker quickly put its hands to the glass snarling causing Daryl to snapped back. "Got some friends inside." He said, turning towards the group. "Come on. Let's clear a path, see how many we got." He begin to pull away at the brush and the group joined in, Ty hacking the brush away with his machete.

Daryl's mind raced as he pulled the vines away, Scarlett's face clouding his mind. He then turned towards Tyreese, who was angrily hacking away. "Take it easy, man. We don't know what we're dealing with." Daryl said and pulled away more of the brush. He continued to watch Tyreese and saw him struggle against something. When Ty pulled back, a clump of red and white wires was stuck to his machete. Daryl and Bob both looked at Tyreese as he untangled the wires.

Suddenly, a hand shot from the brush and grabbed Daryl's leather vest.

Daryl pulled away from the hand as Michonne brought down her sword, cutting it. A walker then came after Bob, grabbing him and pulling him towards its face as another walker stumbled for Ty. Daryl stabbed his knife into a walker that had gotten trapped in the vines as Michonne moved over to Bob, who was struggling with the walker. She sliced its head off as Bob fell backwards onto the ground.

Ty began to try and pulled the walker in front of him out of the vines as the group called out to him, telling him to let it go. Tyreese, ignoring them, pulled hard on the walker and fell onto his back as the walker landed on top of him. Daryl ran over and grabbed the back of the walker, yanking it off of Ty as Bob walked over and shot it in the head. Daryl walked over to try and help Ty up, but he stood up on his own and walked near Michonne. "Why the hell didn't you let go?" She questioned and Tyreese turned towards her, then turned away not answering her question.

Daryl and the group moved into the shop, Daryl skimming his flashlight over the shelves looking for walkers as the group piled in behind him. "Come on." He said, moving into the shop. He moved in the back where a workshop was placed and walked over to a shelf, sticking his flashlight into his mouth to grab a car battery. He placed it on a cart next to him and used his knife to open the caps on the top. Bob looked over at battery as Daryl checked the cells. "Hmm, cells look pretty dry." He stated. "A little distilled water will clear that right up." Daryl explained.

Outside Tyreese and Michonne hacked away at brush near the car. "You should have let him go." She finally said, looking over at Ty, who pulled some vines from the front of the car. Tyreese moved towards her angrily. "The hell you know about it, huh? You the damn expert?" He said harshly to Michonne. "No. I just don't want to see you die." She answered plainly. "Is that what you're trying to do?" She questioned and Ty only stared back.

"Do you even know what you're trying to do?" She questioned again, when she didn't get a answer. Tyreese just moved away and stepped on more brush that was around the front of the car. "I know you're pissed. And you have a good reason to be. But anger makes you stupid. Stupid gets you killed." She said and Ty turned towards her, and stepped closer. "Aren't you still angry about the Governor? What he did?" He questioned her. "If he was here right now, I'd cut him in two." She answered back, edge in her voice. "Cause that's how it needs to be." Tyreese looked at her. "But I'm not angry." She continued. "I was." She said and looked up at Ty. "Then why are you still going out looking for him?" Ty questioned and Michonne looked down at the car, then took a step back. "I don't know." She glanced at Ty and then began to hack at the brush again, Ty moving back to pull more away.