12: You Must Be A Weasley

"Mikey, it's tark-oh not tack-oh," Gerard heard Pete say as he approached his brother and his friends who were stood by the front gate of the school, talking.

"Shut up Hermione," Mikey rolled his eyes before noticing Gerard standing beside him, "yes?"

"Can I borrow some money, not much, just a twenty? I'll repay you," Gerard asked, his eyes shifting towards Mikey's friends, Pete, Ryan and Brendon who were all looking at him strangely. "I see you three have made up with Brendon."

Mikey rolled his eyes, getting out his wallet as Gerard turned to look around for Frank, he wanted to make sure they were still on for this afternoon, they had planned to meet up at the park, but Gerard wanted to ask if Frank was cool with getting food too.

He was aware he could just ask about that last part when they met at the park, but Gerard was really just finding another reason to talk to him, whether he'd admit it or not, and well, Gerard was far from admitting anything out loud.

"Brendon stopped being a dick," Mikey muttered, looking through his wallet for money to give to his brother.

"Who are you?" Pete asked, looking Gerard up and down menacingly, as if Gerard was going to pull out a knife and start making threats. Ryan stood on his toes and leaned up to whisper something in Pete's ear, and Pete's eyes turned to slits before widening completely as some realisation washed over him.

"Alright, here's your money," Mikey said handing over three fives and five one dollar coins, "I expect a full payback, plus interest."

"I'm not giving you interest," Gerard said as he held Mikey's money, closing his hand into a fist and stuffing it into his back pocket. "But I will refrain myself from punching you for the next three weeks," Gerard grinned.

Gerard was about to walk away when Pete said something that stunned him and sent him two years into the past and gave him horrible nostalgia, but also made him furious with Mikey.

"You're Gee?" Pete had said, seeming quite shocked, "Mikey's sister- well, brother..."

Gerard's seemingly paralysed body, calmed enough for him to look at Mikey, almost yelling at him in such an angry tone that had Mikey genuinely scared.

"You told them?" Gerard asked, exasperated. "You told them about me? Mikey you know how much I want to forget about that, and you went and told your friends? Sure they're your friends and you might trust them, but didn't you think about how I would feel?"

"They kept asking questions, 'where's your sister?' What was I supposed to say? I can't just lie," Mikey defended. "Besides, how do I explain that I suddenly have a new brother?"

Gerard sighed in defeat, Mikey had a point, but Gerard still felt betrayed, but he understood, and just nodded, he didn't want to be angry at his brother, not for this, he just wanted to forget the past

"Mikey's right," Ryan said as Gerard began walking away, not bothering to find Frank right now. "We did bombard him with questions, I'm sorry Gerard, really, we won't tell anyone, I promise."

Gerard nodded stifly and walked away, out of the gates of the school, and towards home, where he had time to calm down and use the nextdoor neighbors - the Williams' - key that they had left his mother, to get into their house and retrieve Rupert before making his way toward the park.

-

Gerard and Frank made their way around some mostly empty part of down, having finished the Subway Gerard had bought them, Rupert's lead in Gerard's hand which he held onto with a tight grip, afraid that he might break out into a run even though he was just a kind, little, beagle.