Chapter 13 - Haunting Start

Luke's POV

I look at the man that I bounced into and fear filled my body.

"Are you alright there?" He asked.

"Oh, yes. I'm sorry. You looked like someone I knew." I said now knowing that my imagination tricked me into thinking it was Michael.

"That's fine, cutie. What's your name?" He asked me.

I looked at him. He's quite handsome. His jawline to his perfect built. "I'm Luke. Nice to meet you." I said shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you, Luke. I'm Nelson." He shook my hand hand smiling at me. "Mine if I sit with you?" He asked.

"No, not at all. I'm seated over there." I pointed.

"Lean the way." He winked at me making me blush slightly. I walked towards the table soon reaching it.

"Nelson this is my sons Bradley, Devin, Kelvin, and Ricky." I pointed. "And this is Miss J, a great friend. And guys this is Nelson, say Hi."

"Hi, Sir." The boys said together. Nelson returned the greeting sitting next to Miss J.

"What lovely kids, I assume you're married or at least you found your mate?" He said.

"I'm not married. Yes I've found my mate but..." I said. Miss J then whispered to him for awhile, him nodding his head.

"Oh, my apologies, didn't mean to bring up that. You are very strong for being able to bare with that pain." He said.

"May I ask about you, you've found your mate?" I asked.

"Yes I have, he past away a few years back." He said.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized to him.

"It's quite alright, he wasn't as best sadly." He said playing with a toy Rickey gave him. I smiled at it seeing how they quickly connected to a stranger. "So I understand you're the one we've been waiting for?"

"Excuse?" I asked confusingly.

"You're the white wolf, anyone from this town knows." He said chuckling.

"How?" I asked.

"Your scent. Only wolves from around here would tell." He said chuckling again.

"Oh, understood." I laughed slightly.

I watched him interact with the boys. They laughed as they continued to play with him. We sat and talk more while he played with the boys. He's 28, his full name is Nelson Stade and he's an alpha of the pack in town.

"Would you like if I dropped you all off?" He offered.

"We're not far from here, it's fine." I politely said.

"Very well, I'd love to see you again." He said. "Mind if I get your number?"

"Not at all." I said and he handed me his phone. I put my number in his phone, handing it back to him. He chuckled and typed back something in his phone.

"Changed your name to Cutie." He said touching my cheeks.

I smiled and took the hands of Rickey and Bradley while Miss J took Devin and Kelvin. He high five them and thanked me for coming. As we were leaving, Amanda ran up to me.

"Before you go I'd like you to meet Adam, Therese, Paul and Pauline. They're the elders of the town."

"It a pleasure to meet you." They bowed and smiled at me.

"It's nice to meet you all too." I said. They bowed again and left.

"See you around, oh great one." Amanda said leaving.

We continued to walk towards the exit when a short body ran into me almost throwing me off balance. I released Rickey and Bradley's hand bending down to help the boy up. He turned around looking at me.

"Mummy that's him, he looks like us." I heard from one of the boys.

I looked at boy with widened and tearful eyes. "W-What's your name?".

"Mickey Marshall." He said.

"How old are you?" I questioned him.

"I'm seven years old." I looked at him.

"What's your father's name?"

"Michael Marshall." He said.

"Do you know who I am?" I asked and he shook his head. "I'm...."

"That's your mother." I loud so familiar voice said above him. I looked up and saw Michael standing there with a shocked look on his face. "Mickey, that's your mother Luke." He said. The boy pulled away from me with tears running down his face.

"I hate you. You don't care about me. You don't love me. I hate you." He said running behind Michael. Michael then looked at me one more time before turning around walking away with Mickey.

I froze in shock and sudden sadness.

"Amanda can you take the boys to the house." Miss J said.

"Of course. Come on boys."

"What about mummy? What's wrong with mummy? Mummy?" They said.

"Luke, look at me." I looked up at her slowly. "Breathe, don't let your emotions get the best of you. You need to go relax, we'll sort all of this out for you." She said.

I slowly got my feet weak all of a sudden. I managed to walk out of the building with Miss J helping me.

We made it to the house, Miss J helping me in bed immediately.

"Goodnight, mummy." The boys said all kissing my cheek.

"Rest, we'll sort this out." Miss J said leaving the room with the boys.

I got off the bed sitting on the floor my back rested on the bed as I look at the wall, all type of memories replaying in my head.

Three days later

"They're still in town. They're not leaving until the council finishes the celebration, which ends four days from now." Miss J said placing a plate of food on the bed next to me. "Eat please." She said kissing my head. "The boys are getting worried about you. Also you have a visitor, I'm sending him up."

About a minute after the door opened. "Hey cutie, I heard what happened. How are you feeling?" Nelson asked.

"I..I..don't know." I said honestly.

"Hungry?" He asked. I shook my head.
"Come on you have to eat." He said. A spoon full of the meal reached my mouth, I opened my mouth slowly and ate the meal. "There we go." He said as he continued to feed me. So we sat there, him feeding me and filling my mind with more cheerful things.

"Want to dance?" He asked. I nodded my head slowly. He smiled and turned the volume of the song up. He helped me off the bed and guided my arms as he places his on my hips.

"I'm the who ones who wants to love you more. You will see I can give you everything you need, let me be the to love you more." He sang softly in my way to the song To Love You More BT Céline Dion. "Me, you, date tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'd like that." I said placing my head on his chest closing my eyes while we continue to dance.

--------------------

Thanks for reading. 💞