The Wedding

"All right, this is the big moment!" Nya says. She circles you once to make sure you don't have anything wrinkled or buttoned wrong, then hands you a bouquet of white roses with blue forget-me-nots. "You're gonna do great, y/n. Just focus on the priest, or maybe on Jay, remember when you say 'I do,' and—"

"—and don't forget to breathe, Nya, I know." You give her a little nudge with your bouquet. "Go get to your spot so we can start!"

Nya jumps. "Right! Sorry! I'm just making sure, you know, in case you forgot anything."

You can't help but laugh. "I'm fine, Nya. Go."

After one last glance to make sure you're really going to be okay without her for a whole two minutes, Nya slips through the door behind her. You hear a low chorus of voices, which is probably everyone asking if you're ready to go. A few seconds later, o/b and y/b step through the door.

"You look beautiful, little sister," y/b says.

"Thanks," you tell him. "Are we ready to go?"

O/b nods. "As soon as Kai gives us the signal, we'll start walking."

You link arms with o/b and y/b, who are going to share the honor of walking you down the aisle. "Is it weird that I've been scared for this day to come for months, but now that I'm here, I'm really excited?"

Y/b shrugs. "I don't know. I've never been to a wedding before."

"I have," o/b/says. "A college buddy of mine got married a few months ago. What was his name... Well, I guess it doesn't matter right now. Today's your day, y/n."

"I love you guys," you tell your brothers.

"Of course you do. We're the best brothers ever," y/b says.

"Yeah, sure."

"Love you too, little sister."

A knock comes from the door in front of you, and you hear Kai whisper, "We're starting!"

You straighten up and adjust your grip on your bouquet. "All right. Let's go get married. I mean—ugh. You know what I mean."

O/b laughs and pushes the door open so you can step outside and get the wedding started.

It's a pretty simple wedding by most standards. You're dressed up, of course, because everyone deserves to get dressed up for their wedding day, but you're holding the ceremony in the courtyard of the monastery. The ninja are there, of course, and Nya and b/f/n and Dareth and Slithraa and Sensei Wu. Jay's standing at the other end of the courtyard beneath a pair of cherry blossom trees, wearing his newly-fixed tuxedo. Cole's behind him, and Nya's on the other side of Jay to make a space where you're going to stand.

The short journey across the courtyard seems to pass in an instant. You hold Jay's hand while the priest reads off the vows.

"Do you, Jay Walker, take y/n l/n to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, for as long as you both shall live?"

Jay doesn't answer. You sneak a glance over at him and realize why—he's staring at you like he's seeing the most beautiful thing in the world. You feel yourself flush, but Jay still needs to say his line.

"Psst! Jay!" you whisper.

"H-huh? Uh, what?"

You hold back a laugh. "This is the part where you say 'I do.'"

"Oh, r-right, yeah. I do, I do!"

The priest scowls at Jay and continues, "Do you, y/n l/n, take Jay Walker to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, for as long as you both shall live?"

You smile at Jay. "I do."

"Then by the power vested in me, I now pronounce you—"

"WOOOOOOOOOOH! GO Y/N!"

"YEAH, NINJA! YOU ROCK!"

You and Jay look at b/f/n and Dareth, then at each other, then burst out laughing. Leave it to those two to ruin a perfect moment. Zane, who is sandwiched between them, looks pained.

"If I may finish," the priest says with a scowl. "I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Jay pumps his fist. "Yeah! ...uh, now what?"

You laugh again. "Now we kiss, silly." A breeze shakes the tree branches above you, sending a shower of cherry blossom petals drifting down around you and Jay. Jay gives you a look, and you shrug innocently. He shrugs back, then grins and pulls you in for a kiss.