Chapter 2: Car Ride and The Family

The newly formed duo walked out of the old station, the adult leading them to a small silver car. Ezra looked at it, trying to decipher what Kanan's home life is like.
The adult unlocked the vehicle, opening the back door, "Here, you can put your things in the back." Ezra nodded in thanks and placed his belongings in the car.
Hopping into the passenger side, he started to notice how nice the car actually was. The dark leather chairs, heaters built into the seat going off by the console, and the GPS was like a TV in the front.
Ezra sighed and leaned his head back, the beanie moving back on his head. He lifted his head again and fixed the orange hat, glancing at his guardian who got in the driver's seat.
"So tell me about this family." Was the first thing to come out of the teens mouth. Kanan spared him a look before turning over the engine.
"Well there's my wife, Hera." "Like the Greek goddess?" Kanan nodded with a smirked as he pulled out of the parking lot, "Like the goddess but more beautiful if you ask me. She has brown hair and bright green eyes. She loves cooking, is kind to everyone, and loves kids. Then there's Garazeb or as everyone calls him Zeb. He's 17, loves to work out, pretty tough but a softie at heart, and is a Senior at Lothal High School. He has green eyes as well as brown hair And last there's Sabine. She loves, and I mean loves, painting or anything to do with art. She's 16 and a Junior at the same High School as Zeb. She has short multi-colored hair and hazel eyes. We live out in the woods because we like the scenery and fresh air. I think that's it so I want to hear about you."

Ezra raised an eyebrow at Kanan in question. "Have you not read my file?" Kanan gave him a deadpan look out of the corner of his eye, trying not to crash.
"I met you less than 2 hours ago and I've only filled out papers so I haven't had a chance. And I want to hear it from you so I know it's real. You can't get everything from a piece paper." Ezra sighed and nodded, accepting the answer. He looked out the window as the they passed the last few buildings in the city.
"Ok well there's not much to tell. My name is Ezra Bridger and I'm 13 almost 14. I'm a sophomore at the same school as your kids. I've been in and out of the foster system since I was seven and still haven't met the 'parents of my dreams', as they put it. Uh, what else is there to tell?" Kanan softened at the teens story and set a mental reminder to read his file.
"What's your favorite color?" Ezra thought for a second before saying, "Orange" "Ok favorite thing to eat?" "Food" was the immediate answer Ezra gave. He saw the look from Kanan and sighed, "Don't know, haven't had much food in my life besides apples and granola bars." Kanan nodded in reply, "Oh that won't be true for long. As I've said before, Hera loving cooking so be ready for loads of different food."
Ezra smiled inwardly, thinking of the nice women and if she lived up to the expectations Kanan was setting.

He was drawn out of his thoughts by Corporal asking, "So any hobbies?" Ezra nodded in response, "Guitar, drawing, and I like cooking." Kanan smiled as he thought of Ezra and Hera in the kitchen making dishes. He was already excited to have the kid in his custody and he can't wait to tell the family.
Without dropping his smile, he asked Ezra, "So any questions for me?" Ezra looked down and furrowed his eyebrows in thought. He looked up with a conclusion and said calmly, "What are the punishments?" Kanan almost slammed on his brakes when he heard the question, already piecing some of Ezra's past together.
"Um, probably grounding to your room and only coming out for the bathroom or meals." Ezra nodded, blanked face but surprise was showed in his eyes.
"How much do I get to eat?"
Kanan finally slowed to a stop, needing to take a minute in the middle of the street. He sighed and hung his head, he already had a feeling but he wanted a concrete answer.
"Why would you ask that Ezra? You can eat all you want. Has... has that happened before, being starved?" Ezra looked at the pony tailed man with a small scared smile, "First abuse case?" Kanan spoke no words just pressing the gas, giving Ezra his answer.

The rest of the 10 minutes was in silence, no one daring a word. But as they pulled up to Kanan's house, Ezra had to ask, "Are you sure we're at the right house?" Kanan chuckled as he pulled up into the driveway, "Of course. Why wouldn't I know what my home looked like?" Ezra nodded in agreement. You have to be pretty stupid or have some mental issue to not remember your home.