26. I'm Finally Home

I didn't stop running until I was standing outside Nik's house. Without thinking what I was doing I pushed open the large oak doors and strode in and using my vampire hearing I followed the sounds until I was standing in the doorway of what looked to be a make shift art studio. There were paintings hanging on all the walls as well as several unfinished pieces sitting on easels scattered through out the room. There was a single sofa pushed back against one of the walls and a large fireplace opposite. Nik stood in the centre of the room with his back to me. He was working on a charcoal drawing and hadn't noticed me yet.

When I saw the portrait he was working on I froze, a gasp slipping from between my lips. Nik spun at the noise but I couldn't tear my eyes from the drawing in front of him. It was unfinished but it was obviously me. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen, it was of my face, as if I were looking down and to the left and it made me look so... soft. Was that how he saw me?

I finally lowered my gaze until they found his questioning eyes.

Without saying a single word I quickly closed the gap between us. As I crashed my lips to his, I could feel his entire body tense up, ignoring that I put my arms around his neck and held him tightly to me.

I nipped lightly at his lower lip causing a growl to escape his throat. Men really seemed to like that little move I thought to myself smirking a little. He started kissing me back, he dropped the charcoal piece he had still been holding on to and snaked his arms around my waist. His tongue ran over my lip causing a moan of my own, as soon as my lips parted his tongue darted between them and massaged mine.

It was almost enough to send me over the edge. Releasing my own growl I had him pushed up against the wall and pulled his shirt open. The buttons popped off easily, I was dimly aware of them flying across the room. I ran my hands up and down his chest and started to kiss him again but he pulled back.

"What are you doing?" His eyes were searching mine once more.

I had thought it was obvious what I was trying to do, I mean, I wasn't exactly being subtle about it... but to give him another hint I pulled my top off over my head. "I'm saying thank you... sweetheart." I purred, stepping forward and ripped his shirt from his body. As I stood before him I could see the lust take control of him. He took a step closer to me until our bodies were mere inches from each other and the rest of the world disappeared.

It was several hours later and we were lying in front of the fire, Nik had lit it and the flames danced brightly. As we lay there, him in just his jeans and I in just his shirt that no longer buttoned I watched the flames move and sway, feeling their heat on my skin. Nik's fingers trailed on the bare skin of my leg and my attention turned back to him.

I looked up into his face, I felt like I had been lost for so long but now I was home. Like everything was going to be ok from now.

"What happens now?" I asked him, holding my breath in anticipation of his answer.

"Well obviously you're going to move out of the Salvatore's and move in here." He stated matter of factly, making me smile.

"Obviously!" I said playfully.

Returning my smile he lifted my hand and raising it to his lips he kissed each finger tip.

"Yes... obviously," he continued, "I won't be letting you out of my sight again. If I'm to protect you I need to know where you are."

I started to argue that point, "I can protect myself thank you very much." I stated indignantly.

Nik barked a laugh pulling me closer to him. "Really, since coming back to Mystic Falls you've been attacked, killed, turned and almost killed again."