Chapter 03

CHAPTER 03

J A C K

I stayed on my room and I was able to sleep but woken up when I dreamt of Eziel. And strange because he was just standing and on his hand was the blue flower and looking straight at me, smiling.

I groaned and got up my bed and went out my room. Come to think of it, I haven't seen Eziel that day. He sometimes came here every nine in the morning but it's already eleven.

Well, I don't really care about him.

I was surprised to see the gathered crowd outside and grandmama beckoned her hand when she saw me. I walked straight to the porch and almost all the tables were already occupied.

The crowd clapped their hands when they saw me and I shook my hands to stop them from doing it. It's so embarrassing.

"Happy birthday." A kid just greeted me and I walked to him and ruffled his hair.

"Thank you." I said.

"Let's sing a happy birthday song." Grandmama anounced and they started singing. Zach's face was scrunched since he don't like it. I'm not fond of people singing me that song but I should be thankful for their effort.

I smiled until it ended and grandmama just shook Zach's shoulder who was staring blanking making him cursed in surprise. I glanced at the direction where Zach was staring, but I saw nothing suspiscious.

I kept on sighing the whole lunch time, I didn't saw Rain. But I invited him for tonight's at the pub the Zach and I planned days ago.

I showered a few hours after lunch and headed down again. Some of Chris' pack were there during lunch and I was expecting Eziel to show up but he didn't.

Maybe he did that two days ago because he won't show his ass here today?

I sighed and went upstairs, to my room. I was upset because I didn't saw him. But I wasn't expecting him to show up. Not at all.

∷∷∷

I waited until the clock stricks seven before I rose on my bed and wore my sneakers. I went out of the pack house and jogged to Rain's house which was not so far. I stopped on the front door and I could hear them having dinner. I knocked on the door and I waited a few seconds before Kelsey, Rain's younger sister, opened the door for me.

"Good evening, Kelsey. Is Rain here?" I said and she smiled at me sweetly.

"I'll go call him." Kelsey said and run to the kitchen. "Jack's looking for you." I heard her said and then I saw Rain went out from the kicthen.

"Hey!" He greeted and I smiled at him. "Did you eat already? We're having dinner." He invited.

"Thanks, I already ate at home." I said since I'm still full and Mr. Clyde came out from the kitchen.

"Jack! Come. We're having dinner." Mr. Clyde invited me and I looked at Rain. He knew I can't refuse his dad and he grinned at me.

"Okay. . ?" I said and we walked to the kitchen bumping his elbow to mine and Rain chuckled.

I sat next to him and I only ate a little. I hate eating when I'm still full.

I told Mr. and Mrs. Clyde about my intention of going there to personally tell them that I'll be dragging Rain out on the city that night to some pub party. And they both said yes making me happy.

At last I can spend some time now with Rain.

"Thank you." I said.

"We can't say no since it's your birthday." Mrs. Clyde said.

"Can Kelsey also come?" Kelsey said and they just stared at her. She pouted her lips and sulk on her seat making me chuckled.

"Maybe after you turn eighteen." I reached my hand and ruffled her hair making her blush slightly and nodded.

After Rain dressed, we walked back to the pack house for me to also change my clothes. Rain insist that he will just be waiting outside and I nodded before I went inside in a hurry.

After I changed clothes, I didn't waste my time and went down and saw Zach and his friends going out to the front door. I saw Rain looking down the ground when I went outside.

"Rain." I called, catching his attention and he raised his head to look at me. "Let's go." I said and he nodded.

∷∷∷

The pub was full of people already, some were friends and people we know. We sat together with Zach's friends and they gathered some alcohols from the counter. I offered Rain a glass of whiskey but he refused it with a shook on his head. He doesn't look so good.

"Are you okay?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just don't drink." He said.

They started standing and went to the dance floor where there's already a lot of people and danced with the beat.

"Jack, Rain, let's go." Andy, one of our friend, said.

"I'm good." Rain said.

"Yeah. Just go ahead." I said.

"No. You can go with them." Rain pushed my shoulder away from him.

"Come on, Jack, Rain." Andy pulled my hand making me stand from the couch.

Rain shooed us with his hand. "I kinda wanted to be alone for a bit." He said and I sighed before I went with Andy since he wanted to be alone.

I felt worried suddenly thinking about how Rain's acting that night. It was weird.

Was it because of Zach again? Seriously, I'm going to castrate that idiot if he was really the reason why Rain's acting like that!

We slipped between the crowd that was grinding at each other. Some men were were already topless and humped at everyone.

I was surprised when someone wrapped an arm on my waist from behind making me turn around to look who it was.

"Hi, Zach. Happy birthday." The girl said who tip toed and was about to kiss me but I leaned my head backwards and chuckled humorlessly.

I bet she's one of the girls that Zach screwed. And he even invited her, a human.

"I'm afraid I'm not the one you're looking for." I said and she stared in surprise and her arms losen on my waist.

"O, my. I'm so sorry. I forgot Zach have a twin brother." She chuckled. "You really look almost the same." She placed a hand on my chest but I wrapped my hand on her wrist, pulling her hand away from me.

Everyone who saw us for the first time always says we looked the same but to our old friends and all the pack members never get confuse Zach as me and me as Zach.

"We may look like the same but we don't have the same taste and personality." I said and she creased her forehead before she turned around and walked away from me.

I sighed and walked back to Rain but I only saw Greg and Todd.

"Where's Rain?" I asked and they both shrugged. I turned to the rest room's location but I didn't saw him there. I can't trace his scent because the strong scent of everything were mixed.

I roamed the pub and went to the back exit door and opened it. I was surprised when I saw Zach and Rain, who was looking nervously at me. My eyes were rolling from my twin brother to my best friend back and forth before I stepped and snatched Rain's arm, pulling him towards me.

"You okay?" I asked Rain.

"Yeah. I'm fine." He said but he didn't looked at me.

"He didn't do anything, did he?" I looked at Zach who scatches his head and was crossing his brows.

"Think what ever you want to think." Zach said and walked towards the door and went inside.

"He just saved me from a pervert." Rain said the moment Zach disappeared. " He didn't do anything to me."

I frowned and looked deeper at his eyes if he was really telling the truth. Maybe Zach blackmailed him.

"I'm fine and if he ever do something, I'm not a kid anymore. I'm eighteen and I can fight him back." He added and he was true, of course. I just wanted for Zach to leave him alone.

"As long as you're okay." I said, sighing secretly.

"I can protect myself." He said and I smiled at him.

Of course, he can.

I opened the back door and I went inside ahead but I can feel the he didn't took a single step but stayed standing outside.

"Would you believe if I say that Zach and I are mates?" He suddenly said making me pause for a moment.

What!?

I chuckled thinking it's so impossible. "You're joking." I turned to look at Rain but he sounds serious. "Seriously?"

"I'm serious. We're mates and I don't know why it was him out off all the people here on earth." He said and I sighed.

They were mates and even I can't believe it but I kinda felt glad that I know Rain's mate and not just anyone I don't know.

"Zach's not that bad if you get to know him better and he's lucky to have you as his mate." I smiled and he nodded.

"Yeah? We're still working it out, I guess." He said.

∷∷∷

I woke up early and went down to the kitchen and brewed my own coffee and moments later, dad joined me.

"How was your party last night?" He asked while slowly stirring his coffee.

Last night was a lot of surprises and tiring.

"It was good, I think." I said and sip the small amout of my coffee left.

I was thinking about Rain and Zach being mates but I can't tell dad about it yet. I wanted them to tell dad and daddy. And it made me wonder if when will I find my mate. I sighed and stood excusing myself and went to the living room when I saw Zach descending the stairs while grinning widely and dressed properly making me cleared my throat and caught his attention.

I bet he's going to Rain.

"What?" He asked innocently and I shook my head.

Dad went out from the kitchen and frowned when he saw Zach. "Where are you going so early in a Sunday morning?" He asked and he just shrugged.

"Just having an early walk. Want to go walk with me?" He said and dad shook his head.

"Luke's waiting for me. Maybe next time." He said and Zack nodded in understanding and I grinned.

"I want to go with you." I said making him snapped his head at me.

"No." He said and creased his forehead.

He's diffinitely going to see Rain.

"Why? Are you visiting a secret lover?" I teased and he narrowed his eyes at me with suspiscion.

"No." He said and jogged to the front doors. "Stay there." Zach motioned his hand at me and I raised my brow. "I'm serious."

I watched him jogged outside and I laughed while shaking my head just when Luke went inside the pack house and looked for dad. I pointed upstairs and he climb the stairs to dad's office.

I slumped myself on the long sofa feeling so lonely.

"When will I find my mate." I muttered.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
soon Zach. . . 😊😊😊