12

"Happy birthday, Sirius!" I shrieked, jumping up and down on his bed.

Birthdays and other holidays were the only times that I was a morning person. Plus, it helped that I had already had four cups of coffee.

"Get off me," he grumbled, swatting at my legs.

Smirking, I did as he said and got off of him and his bed. But I "accidentally" took his blanket with me. As the cold air hit his body, he instantly jumped out of bed. Quickly pulling on a pair of his gray sweatpants (being the crazy person that he is, he only slept in his boxers in the winter), Remus, James, Peter, and I all laughed as he tripped over his feet.

Growling playfully, Sirius tackled me onto his blanketless bed.

Landing on top of me, he asked, "Do I get a birthday kiss from my beautiful princess?"

James made gagging noises from his spot on the floor.

"Not in front of me, you two!" He declared.

Remus smacked him upside the head with one of Sirius's presents. Sirius and I had officially started dating yesterday, November 2nd. James had been surprisingly supporting of it but hated any "displays of affection".

Sirius got off of me and helped me off of the bed. Sitting down in front of his pile of presents, I sat next to him. Across from us sat Peter, James, and Remus. Unsurprisingly, there wasn't a present from his parents in the pile. I excitedly handed him his gift from Remus.

Quickly tearing off the wrapping paper, he lifted the Beatles T-shirt up.

"Thanks, Moony," Sirius said, slipping it on. "Now I can match Laura when she wears her's."

"My present next," James said, thrusting his box into Sirius's hand. "Since Laura's gift can't be topped," he threw a glare in my direction, "I got you the next best thing."

Opening James's poorly wrapped present, Sirius pulled out a quidditch jersey. On the front, there was the traditional Gryffindor quidditch symbol. On the back, there was a golden number 07. In golden letters, at the top it read Princess Potter's biggest fan.

"Aww," I cooed. "I love it."

"So do I," Sirius agreed. "Thanks, James."

As Sirius gently sat the jersey to the side, I handed him Peter's present. Just like the other two, Sirius quickly ripped off the wrapping paper. Inside the box was dozens of Zonko's products and Honeyduke sweets.

"Do you like it?" Peter asked nervously.

"Yes," Sirius reassured him. "Thanks, Peter."

Peter breathed a sigh of relief. I handed Sirius the final present, my present. It was a medium sized box and greatly wrapped if I do say do myself.

He excitedly attacked the wrapping paper and opened the box. Inside was another, slightly smaller, box. He opened that one. Inside was another smaller box. Inside that box was another smaller box. Although he was slightly confused at this point, Sirius continued to open the boxes. About fifteen minutes later, he reached the final box. Opening it, he picked up the folded slip of paper and read it. It said Haha. Your present isn't in here. Love, Laura.

Remus and James nearly died of laughter when they saw Sirius's shocked face. I attempted (and failed) to hide my smile.

After recovering from his initial shock, Sirius looked at me and said, "I don't know whether I should be angry or proud of this non magical prank."