40: The Final Joke

A/N: WARNING! The following contains some violence.

Hey everyone and welcome to chapter 40! Just to clarify, there were some technical difficulties with the release of last chapter. But I managed to get it fixed within a few minutes.

I don't want to reveal too much about this chapter. All I am saying is don't expect much cuteness or adorableness. Always remember however that cuteness will always find its way back into this fanfiction.

On with the chapter!

:-{ D

--------------------

Ivy was in shock. She lowered the paper and stared at the wall in front of her. "I don't understand. I thought she wanted no part of him in her life no more. This isn't like her... Why is she doing this?" Ivy thought to herself. Ivy couldn't understand it. Things have been radio silent in regards to The Joker. Her and Harley were happy and were not at all threatened by the thought of The Joker. In fact, they had completely forgotten about the madman due to living peacefully and happily.

Ivy heard the front door. This snapped her out of her thoughts. She put the paper back and hurried downstairs. "Hiya Jane!" Harley greeted, hugging her. "Hi Harley" Jane smiled, hugging Harley back. "How has my little angel been today?" Jane asked, smiling at Ivy as she appeared from upstairs. "She's been wonderful. Didn't cry once. It's been fun having her. How was your day?" Harley replied. "Good, I'm glad she wasn't a nuisance. Yeah it went really well thanks. Very romantic" Jane answered, giving Harley a wink. "I'll go get Pam" Harley smiled and ran upstairs. "You okay?" Jane asked Ivy with a smile. "Uh yeah, I'm gonna go help Harley" Ivy replied quickly.

After getting Pam and a few of her things, Harley and Ivy returned to Jane. "Hiya Pam!" Jane greeted. Jane took Pam off Ivy and the pair helped Jane take a few things to her car. "Bye Jane! See ya later! Bye Pam!" Harley waved, blowing kisses to them as Jane drove away.

A short while went by. After the long day, Ivy and Harley got ready to go to bed. Ivy got into bed but paused when she heard Harley coming towards the bedroom. Harley entered and took off her dressing gown. "Harl, are you... Okay?" Ivy asked. "Yeah, I'm great red!" Harley replied happily. "Is there something you want to tell me?" Ivy went on. Harley looked at Ivy, slightly confused. "What'd you mean red?" Harley asked. "You have a piece of paper... Stating that in three days you will be getting revenge on The Joker" Ivy revealed. Harley didn't reply. "Aren't you going to say anything?" Ivy asked. "I don't know what you mean red" Harley replied. "Don't give me that!" Ivy said. Ivy got out of bed and went over to get the piece of paper. She then showed it to Harley. "Why Harley!? Why do you want to do this?! To put yourself in danger!" Ivy asked, getting upset.

"I want him to suffer!" Harley yelled. "I want that lunatic to pay for everything he's done to me! He manipulated me and abused me for years! He didn't just scar me for life physically; he scared me mentally as well. He deserves everything I'm going to do to him and so much more!" Harley told Ivy. Ivy looked down to the floor. "Red he didn't just get to me. He got to you as well. All the times I was beaten up by him, you had to put up with the handy work he did to me. You had to be put through seeing me in pain and upset. I'm doing it for the both of us red, understand that please" Harley added, calming down and getting closer to Ivy.

"I get why you're doing it but... It's dangerous Harl. He's dangerous. I get it. I get you want to get your revenge on him and I don't blame you. He does deserve to be punished but... I don't want you to do it. I'm thinking about the danger you could put yourself in. Not only that but the consequences. If you kill him, you will be the one who has to pay the price" Ivy said softly, looking Harley in the eyes. "Baby, I'm here to protect you and look out for you. I'm asking you, I'm telling you... Please, don't do this. Don't go near him, don't attack him. Just leave it. Let it go Harl" Ivy went on, placing her hands on Harley's cheeks. "Promise me" Ivy half whispered. Harley thought for a few moments before closing her eyes and sighing. She reopened them. "Okay" Harley replied.