Chapter Thirty-Nine

Finally Silas had come up a plan with his Beta. It seemed like a pretty good plan to me.

Silas thinks that the ghost kidnpapers somehow find out when the pack children and women aren't protected. So, he decided that they are going to have another training day. Leave all the women and children back, but what the ghost kidnappers won't know is that some of the warriors will stay back with the women, hide out with them, and when we are attacked they will link to the rest of the pack and have them run back to us.

It was a brilliant plan. I knew it was, but somehow I was still wary of it. Mainly because I was guilty that a lot of this was my fault and that Silas won't have me anywhere near the action. Also the fact that i want to get revenge on the people who have hurt my family so severely. I want to make them feel the despair that I felt when my little brothers were ripped away from me. I want them to feel the heartbreak when they realized they had no hope left. I want them to be scared, scared of what we would do to them. I wanted to make them pay, but i couldn't do that is Silas had me locked away for the whole freaking day.

I tried to talked to Silas about letting me help with anything, but he has stubbornly said no to ever attempt I have made to be a part of what is going on. He told me that my job was to keep the pack pups and women safe while the warriors fought. I wanted to snap back that i could hold my own, but knowing that I had two lives in my stomach right now, made me back down.

I knew that Silas wouldn't be able to function without me, and I without him, but if both of us live, and for some reason the pups don't, because i tried to get involved with the fight, I wouldn't ever be able to look Silas in the eyes knowing that I killed his pups because i didn't listen to him.

"Okay, Sorenson, do you know what to do? Where the food is? The water? I feel like i should stay back to make sure you and the pups stay safe, maybe this is a bad idea."

"Silas, calm down, I'll be fine. I know where the water is, where the food is. I know what i am suppose to do. I also know that you have to go with the other warriors otherwise it wouldn't seem legit because they wouldn't want to attack us knowing that the alpha is still here." I reason with him as I smooth my hands over his chest, something i realized yesterday that seemed to calm him down tremendously, if the purrs that rumble through his chest are anything to go by.

"I know, i just worry about everyone, especially you three. Two of you can't even protect themselves, and if they hurt you, then the other two won't be okay either. I just don't want to lose any of you. I just want to do anything to keep all of you safe." He murmurs in my ear as he rocks me back in forth. I hum in acknowledgement as I carefully think over my answer. I pull away from his inviting arms so that i can look at his just as inviting face.

"I love you, I love how big your heart is, I love how you would do anything for this pack, anything for me and the pups, and my brothers. I love who you are, but i don't love how you coddle me beyond belief. I don't love how you think that I wouldn't protect myself and the pups if it came down to it. I don't love how you can't put as much faith into me that i put into you. I need to know that you trust me to keep everyone safe, because if you don't, then you need to tell someone else to do my job because i love you so much that I would rather have someone else do what i am doing and have everyone safe, then to have me do it and have you worry about the pack the whole time you are gone." I say softly as I look in his eyes. I see the shock as he registers his words before the soften into lava at the end.

"I trust you with all my heart. I know you would do anything to protect our pack and then yourself. I love that you call my out on my shit because you are going to have to learn to do so because i have a lot of shit." I laugh as I fall into his arms. Glad that we got all of the words out of the way that we needed to before the fight later today.