Sharing Secrets

Once Camila had finished her homework, she perched herself against her headboard and wasted time writing in her song book. No one other than herself knew about it. She didn't know why she didn't tell anyone. Her own girlfriend didn't even know. She wanted to do something like that in her future; something creative.

Camila was always nervous to share that part of her life with anyone, simply because being the popular, some-what intellectual cheerleader she was expected to follow the normal path after high school. But she didn't want to do any of that, and college, at the moment, wasn't really on her radar. She didn't want to be a doctor or a lawyer or a nurse or anything ordinary like that. She wanted to be an songwriter. She was starting to make the finishing touches on one of the songs she was working on. She smiled. It was turning out really well.

Lauren was finishing up her homework before she was going to head over to Camila's house to have dinner with the girl's family that night. She closed her book and went to put on a sweater before changing out of her jeans and putting on a pair of basketball shorts. Lauren walked down the stairs, "I'm going to Camila's for dinner tonight!" She yelled to her mom as she slipped on her sandals and walked out the front door and across the lawn.

It was nearing the end of February and it was getting a little nicer out, she made her way over to the Cabellos slowly as she thought about what she was going to do for her girlfriend's upcoming birthday. Before she could think too far, she reached the neighbor's front door. As usual, Lauren walked into Camila's house without knocking and greeted Sinu in the kitchen before heading downstairs. She quietly walked down. Lauren peeked around the corner and saw Camila writing.

The older girl stood back and admired her girlfriend's look of concentration for a few moments before stepping more into view and making her presence known, "Hey, Camila." She said as she slipped off her sandals by the stairs and walked over to the bed, standing next to it.

Camila used the eraser to scratch out some lyrics before hearing Lauren's voice. She quickly hid the notebook under her pillow and cleared her throat. She didn't want Lauren to know about the thing she kept to herself just yet. "Hey, Laur." She smiled and watched Lauren walk towards the bed and looked up at her. "Is it six already?" She frowned. She didn't realize it was so late. She was hoping Lauren didn't see her writing. "I'm glad you're here," she reached over and laced her left hand with Lauren's.

Lauren smiled down at her girlfriend as she shook her head, "No. It's almost five." She said softly. "I finished my homework early and wanted to see you. Is that okay? I can go home and come back when you actually asked me to." She said as she looked down at their laced fingers. She put one knee on the bed before climbing up.

The hockey player was intrigued by what Camila shoved under her pillow when she walked in. She knew Camila didn't see her as she watched the girl hide whatever she was working on as she entered the room...but she knew that it wouldn't be easy to sneak a peak at it with her girlfriend on guard...so she had to do something to distract her. Lauren pushed herself up onto the bed before bringing her other knee on the other side of Camila, gently straddling the girl. She smiled down at Camila as she rested her hands on the cheerleader's stomach.

Camila smiled and nodded. She thought it was sweet that Lauren missed her. She chuckled as her girlfriend tried to back track, "It's more than okay, baby. You know you're welcomed here whenever you want." She looked up at her girlfriend. "Babe, you do realize that my mom is upstairs, right? We can't do anything tonight," she smirked, placing her hands on Lauren's thighs. Lauren was never this bold before, but it still excited her, "Are you feeling okay? Or did you just really miss me?" She placed her hands on the sides of Lauren's sweater, using it to pull the girl down for a kiss. She slipped her hands around to rest on her girlfriend's back, rubbing it gently as they kissed.