Taking Risks

AN: Hi!

A few more weeks had passed and the end of school was nearer. Signifying the end of the school year was prom. It was the last big event before the students would break for the summer. After many discussions, and begging, Camila was still dateless to the prom, her girlfriend refusing to attend by her side. While this upset the younger girl, she respected Lauren's need for privacy, but that didn't meant that she wasn't upset that she was going alone.

Lauren had gone over to see her girlfriend off to prom, she figured it was the least she could do. She really didn't want to go to the dance and she knew that Camila was upset about it. Even though she knew it was hurting Camila, Lauren went over and kissed her girlfriend and admired her before watching her go off so she could meet with her friends for pictures.

However, little did Camila know, Lauren had decided a couple weeks ago that she was going to surprise the girl at their prom. The older girl was ready to take the leap and tell everyone about them. She was tired of Camila feeling like she was hiding their relationship and not being able to talk to her girlfriend at school.

When Camila left, Lauren went back to her house and took her time getting ready. She wanted to surprise the younger girl after she had arrived at the prom. She got dressed in somewhat tight fitting gray slacks, tucking her white button up shirt in. She put on a pair of black suspenders and socks before slipping on her dress shoes. Lauren wished she had a bow tie to match Camila's dress, but she got black a few weeks back, not knowing what color Camila's dress was. She put her bowtie on and checked herself in the mirror before grabbing her phone and texting Camila to keep up the facade.

Lauren: I love you. Please just try and have fun tonight.

Camila wasn't looking forward to attending the prom without a date. She was still upset that Lauren wouldn't come with her. She wanted to just stay home with Lauren, but that would raise eyebrows for the student body. So, she had to put on a fake smile for the pictures and hanging out with her friends when all she wanted to do was be with Lauren. She had her phone tucked discreetly in her bra when it vibrated. It was Lauren. She smiled softly and sent back a text.

Camila: i love u too. have a good night.

She put her phone back and turned towards her friends. She wasn't sure how long it had been since they arrived at the dance, but she was growing bored. She wasn't with the person she wanted to be with. Lauren showing up before she left made her happy, and she thought that would be enough for her, but as the night went on she found herself missing the raven-haired girl more and more. The good feeling of seeing Lauren before prom had faded the second she got in the car and only continued to grow as she watched the couples dancing together. She wasn't feeling happy anymore.

Meanwhile, Lauren checked herself in her bedroom mirror one more time before heading downstairs.

"You ready, mija?" Clara asked as she watched her eldest child coming down the stairs. "You look beautiful, Lauren. Camila's going to love it." She smiled as she adjusted her daughter's suspenders.

"Yeah. She's going to freak out." Lauren said as she smiled at her mom who adjusted her bow tie and suspenders. Lauren went into the kitchen to get the corsage from the fridge. She looked at her mom and smiled, "Can you pin the boutonniere on me?" She asked and her mom happily obliged.

A few minutes later Lauren was walking out of the door and to her uncles expensive car that he let her borrow. Lauren got in and drove off toward the banquet hall that their prom was being held at. Arriving at the venue, she quickly parked the car before getting out, putting her phone in her pocket and walking inside.