"Well that was Interesting..."

Jamie

We had only been at this event for twenty minutes and I was already feeling overwhelmed. There were so many people! I grabbed Rick's hand and dragged him through the wave of people to find my mom. I wanted those chairs so we could set up our spot. I finally spotted her by a table stacked with food. She was talking to a group of adults. I pranced up to her and tapped her shoulder.

"Mother, I need the keys to the car. I want to get some chairs." I stuck my hand out ready to take the keys. Once she dropped them in my hands and waved me off, Rick and I ran through the crowd.

"This town is nice." He smiled once we sat down in the least crowded part of the park. I shrugged my shoulders and laid back on the chair relaxing.

"It's alright, I guess." He chuckled at my stubborn behavior and shook his head. I looked over at him and saw that that his smile was faltering. He was looking at the clouds and I knew something was wrong. "Alright! Spill!" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"It's nothing." He laughed. I gave him a straight face and turned to face him.

"Tell me!" I crossed my arms. He knew when I did this, if he didn't tell me that I would be angry and not talk to him.

"Ugh! Fine...but don't overthink this or anything." I nodded and waved my hand telling him to continue. "Last week," He looked anywhere but at me when he spoke. "We...well I...I got a postcard in the mail." Where is this going? It couldn't be what I thought. He said don't over think it! But it could be from him... Before he could finish, everything went black. I was about to scream until I realized there were hands covering my eyes. I tried to pry them of but they wouldn't move.

"Ok! I give up. Who is this?" I sighed dramatically.

"Guess." They said close to my face. I knew that voice- and to say I was shocked to hear it would be an understatement.

"Stephen, what are you doing here?" I jumped out of my seat and turned to hug him. "I thought you didn't come to this kind of stuff." I punched his arm lightly. He laughed and shook his head slightly.

"Well, I thought about it, and I knew you be stuck here. I guess there's a first for everything." He stuffed his hand in his pockets. I nodded and turned to Rick.

"Rick, this is my friend Stephen. Stephen, this is my best friend Rick." I smiled. The two did a nod and smiled politely. "Where's your brother?" I asked.

"That would be me." A voice said a few feet away. I smiled at Matt and waved. He waved back and gave me a stiff smile. I noticed the other guy with him from the last time-he still didn't look so friendly. I gave him a smile too but he just gave me a blank face. I sighed in defeat and turned back to Rick.

"That's Matt and..." I trailed off not knowing his name.

"That's Sanders." Stephen spoke. I nodded and noted to myself to remember that. I looked around the park and realized that a lot of teens were staring over here. I was beginning to feel uncomfortable so I looked away.

"Um, why is everyone staring?" I whispered to Stephen, but anyone in a five foot radius would have heard. He chuckled and placed a grin on his face.

"Well," he copied my hushed tone, leaning forward. "Remember when I told you we usually don't come to these events, well now that we are here...people are...surprised." I nodded and looked away. I was finding it really rude that they were so plainly staring so I put on a fake smile and started waving at them. Some looked away embarrassed, while some girls stuck their noses up and turned. Either way no one was looking.