B L U E- #2

I wasn't sure what to do, so I left the bathroom to stand in the diner. I felt like everyone's eyes were on me.

I looked towards the back, where Mrs. Clifton worked in the kitchen, and then outside of the window, where Theodore's car was seemingly parked. Lastly, I looked at the clock stuck on the way, and realized I only had two more minutes until he 'burned down the diner'.

I was sick to my stomach.

How does one react to something like this . . . what do they do? I gulp, my hands clammy and filled with salty moisture.

One of his men sat at the table, looking at me while a newspaper sat open in his hands. His eyes darted towards his arm where a watch was wrapped around and then to a gas can that I hadn't noticed.

"Shit," I whisper to myself. I shut my eyes momentarily, before looking back up to the clock.

Time's up.

The man from the table stood, and the doors of the car swung open.

"W-wait," with wide eyes I rush outside, my hands out, "wait! Okay!"

"Okay?" Theodore tilt his head, "okay to what?"

"I'll come with you just don't burn down the diner."

"Bruna, it wounds me that you doubt me like this," he shakes his head, placing a hand on his chest as if he was hurt, "don't worry, I forgive you. Let's go now."

He outstretches his hand, and I stare at the lunatic before me. Letting out a loud exasperated breath, I angrily stomp to the other side of the vehicle, throwing the door open and stepping in.

He gets in himself after talking to his men and mumbles some words to the driver.

"We're gonna head over to your place, pick up a few things and then we'll go home."

He places a hand on mine, and I roughly pull mines away. Theodore grabs my chin to look at him, and I clench my jaw.

"Don't frown, you're too beautiful to frown," I conjure all the spit in my mouth before throwing it onto his face.

Theodore doesn't even flinch, he just shuts his eyes and releases me.

"Do I need to buy you a muzzle, Blue?" He asks, using his shirt to wipe off my spit.

"Hmm," he hums, "do I need to ask my driver to stop at the pet store?"

I fold my arms on my lap and stare out of the window.

"Say whatever you want, hell, you can call me all of the worst names in the book, but if you spit on me again, I will cut off your tongue."

#

Theodore knew where I lived, things just kept getting weirder. Without me giving him any directions, we were parked in front of my apartment, walking up the stairs towards my door.

"Your place is really cozy," He comments once we were inside, but his expression says otherwise.

Ignoring him, I put a change of clothes and a few of my toiletries into a duffle bag and stuff it onto his chest. He takes it happily, still looking around my room. A few minutes later, we leave my small apartment.

"Are you hungry," he asks and I bite the inside of my cheek without answering.

"You know, you can't ignore me forever."

"You're a very weird man," I tell him, and he nods.

"I think so too."

"Kidnapping is a felony offense –"