092 | uranium

× Horan

The two sides of the room were rather humorous in comparison. I remember when Lynn first got to the university and I had to show her where she was staying and saw how the room was full of color and life, where now it was only half vibrant.

Lynn's side was covered with images and duller colors. Her duvet was a washed out baby blue and gray with black framed pictures on a shelf screwed into the wall above her bed. There was an addition to her room that I couldn't help but notice. On her nightstand and desk sat different kinds of candles along with the lighter I had given her for Christmas as well as the camera she had received from her old neighbor.

I ran my fingers along her desk, seeing a large book with an interesting title written in gold script font on the cover.

"Is this really called The Golden Ass?" I asked as I tried my best to keep a straight face.

Lynn hung her coat up on the door of her dresser and looked at the book in my hand. "It's really not what you think," she said with a laugh. "It's a Roman novel about a hero whose curiosity of sex and magic gets him turned into a donkey."

I sat the book down and took a step toward Lynn. If I thought she looked beautiful in the gallery, she looked even more so in the low lighting of the moon shining through the window.

"I bet you want to see my golden ass," I smirked at her.

She lifted a brow as her hands come out and went to my waist. I felt my breath hitch in my throat when she got onto her knees in front of me and her hands trailed down my legs. Just as I was about to make the next move, Lynn's hands left me and she moved away and sat on her bum on the floor, taking her heels off.

I laughed bitterly. "You're a fuckin' tease."

Lynn only grinned up at me as she removed the other shoe and pushed them to the side. Then she stretched her legs out, her toes brushing up against my shins. I stepped back and took my jacket off before throwing it on the desk chair and taking a seat on the floor in front of her.

"That book also has the story of Eros and Psyche," Lynn added, looking at the book from over my shoulder. "It's one of my favorites because it has a happy ending, which is rare in Greek mythology."

The only Greek myth I knew was The Odyssey, but that was only because in secondary school we read it as a class. I didn't understand any of it. But I remembered it; it was etched into my mind like the periodic table. I also knew the story of Hercules thanks to Disney, but when I had told Lynn that, she started yelling at me about how it wasn't accurate.

"What other stories have a happy ending?" I asked, because if I was being honest, I just really liked listening to Lynn talk about this stuff, even if I didn't understand any of it.

"Dionysus and Ariadne, Hades and Persephone..." she trailed off, lost in thought. "Although, that last one is up for debated, depending on how you look at it."

Lynn kept talking but I lost interest at that point. I was far too busy watching her mouth move. As she continued to tell me about how Greek myths were known as tragedies for a reason, I grabbed both of her ankles and pulled her toward me. She slid against the wooden floor as her legs absent mindlessly wrapped around my waist. Lynn's words faltered from the sudden action, but she continued where she left off once she realized what was happening.

I took her hands and pulled her up and off the wooden floor so she was sitting on my lap. It didn't even faze her. It was like she was completely unaware as to where she was at that moment, like she honestly couldn't feel my rock hard boner through the fabric of our clothes.