Chapter 27

Xander Pov ~

I descend down from the stairs as i hear soft humming from downstairs, i don't need to figure it out who is humming because i know it's my precious little mate.

A smile comes over my face at the thought of her. It was my fault, all the things she had gone through, it was all my fault. I should have told her from the very start about me, about who i am. I should have known that she wouldn't leave me no matter who i am, what i am.

I follow the sweet scent of my mate and end up in the kitchen where i find her cooking as Jennifer tries to talk her out of it.

"Honey, you don't have to do it . It is my job." She says in a motherly way.

" It is not a problem at all,Jenni. Besides i like to cook." She turns her head towards Jennifer and offer her a kind smile. She is always so kind, so sweet and here i am, a monster. It has been a week since i have told her about me and she is still here but i can see the hesitancy in her eyes , knowing that your boyfriend is a blood sucking vampire, is a lot to take in. But i am trying to give her, her space if that's what she needs right now as long as she is with me everything is fine by me.

Jennifer sighs and turns , noticing me.She was about to open her mouth when i put a finger on my lips and tilts my head towards the door.She nods her head and obeys.Without making any noice, i make my towards the counter and lean against it.

Desire takes over me as i watch her moving her hips slightly to the tone she is humming, making me grip the counter with my hands.I feel him going still as she can feel my presence also just like i can feel hers. She turns slowly and locks her eyes with mine.Her eyes become wide and i know she has seen the desire in them before she clears her throat awkwardly making me chuckle.

"What are you making ?" i ask with a raised eyebrow.

"P-pancakes." she replies with a slight stutter before turning around and flipping the pancake over. I move towards her before leaning down, my breaths fanning her face.I sense her body shivers slightly making me smirk even more.

"Hmm. It smells delicious." I say my tone teasing as her breath hitches. I love the way she responds to me. I pull away from her just enough so that my chest is close enough but not touching her.

I bury my head in her hairs ,sighing in content.

"I love you." I whisper making her relax as she turns around with a smile on her lips .

"I love you too." She replies while lifting her hand before stroking my cheek. I lean into her hand before turning my face and licking her palm , teasingly as she scrunches her nose before rubbing her hand on my shirt muttering "disgusting over grown cat" under her breath but she should have known that i have sharp hearing abilities.My mouth drops open in disbelief at her words before laughter bubbles out from my chest.

"Did you just call me overgrown cat?"

"Disgusting also if i might add." she retorts back without realizing as my eyes narrow down at her in playful manner , she gulps before looking over my shoulder clearly thinking of running away.

"Run...."i trail off as i lean down towards her ear before whispering.

"Because this cat loves to chase." And she doesn't need to tell twice as she squeals before pushing me away and running away.

"I am going to give you an advantage and count to ten. "I bellow making her giggle earning a smile from me. She has me wrapped around her pinky finger, i sigh as i realize she will going to be the death of me.