Drunk Words, Sober Thoughts

**I won't be able to upload tomorrow due to having a SUPER hectic day ahead of me, so this will be the update for the week. Sorry about the weird switch! I hope you enjoy, let me know what you think!**

Aurora's POV

The girl laughed before nodding and stepping aside so I could squeeze into the bathroom. I expected her to leave, like any normal person would, but instead she shut the door and locked it. She went back to examining her arm wounds, as if this was a totally normal situation.

"Uh...are you gonna...you know, leave?" I pondered out loud, slightly confused by her off behavior. I watched her reaction in the mirror, noting the way she scrunched her brows in confusion before turning to look at me.

"Why? Chicks never go to the bathroom alone. Besides, I'm buzzed enough that I don't care. But you, my friend, have obviously not had enough to drink." She giggled out. It was then that I took note of her glassy eyes and slight uneasy sway of her body. Was this what my brother's girlfriend always told me about? Drunken bathroom girls and how incredibly nice and chill they are?

I shrugged my shoulders before undoing my shorts and sliding them down my legs. I grabbed the counter for support as I hovered over the toilet seat while going about my business. God only knows what's touched this toilet seat. Once finished, I ushered the strange girl out of the way so I could wash my hands.

I got a strange sense of being watched and glanced up in the mirror only to see the girl doing just that.

"What?" I snapped a little too harshly.

"Nothing. It's just, I've never seen any look so on edge before. Do you ever get, like, headaches and shit from being so tense all the time?" She asked randomly. I was caught off guard by the question, that's for sure. I'd always heard people tell me that ever since the accident I wasn't the same, but no one has ever described how I acted. Glancing at myself in the mirror, I could see exactly what she was speaking of, even if she was drunk off her ass.

My eyes were no longer glowing with happiness as they used to. They were just dull and muddy and blue. I didn't have the slight crease around my mouth from my usual smile lines anymore, and I was, indeed, tense. I tried to force myself to relax my shoulders, but it was of no use.

"C'mon. Let's get you something to drink." She slightly slurred as her alcohol high began to hit her.

"No, that's okay. I actually don't drink. I've got some bad memories that have to do with that." I trailed off, not wanting to elaborate any further. She pursed her lips before nodding.

"Whatever. You know yourself better than I do. I also know that I need a glass of water. I'm way too fucked up right now." She finished before swinging the door open and off setting her own balance. I placed my hands against her back to steady her before following her out of the bathroom, letting her lean a bit of weight against me for support.

Making our way down the stairs, I stopped mid step when I thought I heard someone shout my name from across the room. I wasn't sure if I'd actually heard it, or if I was just going crazy, so I shook my head and continued walking. That was until I heard it again. The music was so loud, that I couldn't make out whose voice it belonged to or where it was coming from, but I was one hundred percent sure someone was calling for me now.

Glancing around the room, I finally spotted the culprit. I swallowed deeply before turning to make a clean getaway, but a strong hand clasping onto my shoulder stopped me. I reached up and pushed the meaty hand off of me, but that only resulted in it winding around my waist instead.

"Did you not hear me yelling, baby?" Troy slurred out as he pulled me into his hard chest. Every muscle in my body tensed up. My breathing sped up, coming out in short pants. Black dots began to swarm around the edges of my vision. I was in full panic mode and there was nothing that was going to stop this impending breakdown. Oh god. It's happening all over again. This can't be fucking happening.