// epilogue //

zayn's pov

Soft music plays in the background as the champagne bubbles between my lips, feeling like a kiss from sunshine, but I can't concentrate on anything besides the beautiful woman sitting across from me, concentrating so intently on what to order off her menu. Her soft blonde curled in soft waves and pinned back falls lightly in front of her face.

I've never seen Linley look so beautiful before, of course I think that every single time I see her, this time it's different. She's dressed in an incredibly classy black dress that fits tight to her petite body, cut with a high neck, but plunges down in the back to reveal those small little dimples at the small of her back. 

The waiter scurries away with our orders, causing Linley's dark eyes to fall upon me once again. The corners of my lips turn up involuntarily, causing Linley to mirror my expression. 

"You look beautiful," I whisper quietly to her across the table as she takes a sip from her tall glass of champagne.

"Are you sure? You've only told me a thousand times," She shakes her head, shooting me a playful grin as her red lipstick stained lips grace the edge of the champagne glass, causing me to become jealous of an inanimate object. 

"I'm going to keep telling you until you believe me," I shrug, leaning back in my chair wearing that smug grin of mine that Linley hates so much. 

She rolls her eyes and leans back, mimicking my actions, trying her hardest - but failing miserably - to hide her grin. 

Loud laughter from down the table catches my attention, causing both Linley and I to rejoin the conversation at our table. The lads all laugh as Niall piles small candy after small candy on his forehead. Even at a formal event, they all act like a pack of idiots. 

It's been over six months since the music festival, and I've enjoyed every day of it. My eyes flicker back and forth between my group of friends and Linley's amused expression as I recall the past few months as the happiest moments of my life. 

The lads and I have things ready for another tour - which I have been avoiding thinking too intensely about, considering I'll have to leave Linley behind - and our success continues to climb every day. But I'm not the only one climbing up the fame ladder, Linley and Sable's band Starry Eyes has been all over the indie-rock scene. They were just on a late night talk show the other day. 

I couldn't be more proud.

"Ladies and Gentleman, let's welcome the happy couple to the dance floor for their first dance as Mr. and Mrs. Johnny Delark!" The best man takes the microphone, grabbing the attention of everyone in attendance. 

Linley perks up, sitting on the edge of her seat, a brilliant and dazzling smile plastered all over her face. Smiling as well, I glance over to the dancefloor to see Johnny and Kenzi laughing to one another as they take the dance floor, all alone. 

Kenzi looks absolutely beautiful in her white gown, like a princess really. And you can tell by the blissful look on Johnny's face that he couldn't agree more. He actually cleaned up quite nicely in his all black tuxedo. 

Johnny wraps his arms around Kenzi's waist and they embrace, slowly dancing around to a beautiful orchestral song. I can't help but to get goosebumps on my flesh as my eyes wander over to Linley, picturing how breathtaking she'll look on our wedding day. 

Of course that's far in the future, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't absolutely positive that I will be spending the rest of my life with this girl. 

Linley wipes away a tear that spilled over her cheek, smiling so lovingly at the beautiful couple. She glances at me across the table, catching my grin, causing her cheeks to flush an embarrassed shade of pink.