Bad Boy Love~ Part 29

(So a lot of you have been getting annoyed by me starring out the cuss words. I have decided to just write them out as they are without the astrids. ****. So, if you don't like the swear words in this chapter, sorry!)

Jake is just sitting in the driver seat quiet and emotionless. He is clutching the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles are white. His sharp jaw line is clenched and he keeps honking at people who get in his way. He is actually kind of scary. He seems so mad. So angry.

I on the other hand am a mess. My eyes are puffy and I am balling. My face is red and there are harsh dark circles under my eyes. I am what people think of when they hear the word 'mess'. I can't believe I was so stupid. Why was I so stupid? I should have been watching her.

But you weren't. My subconscious adds in and I want to slap her. She always makes things worse.

"I'm sorry," I say between sobs.

No response.

"Please talk to me," I cry.

No response. He just clutches the steering wheel harder and tightens his jaw.

"Jake, please. I need you to talk to me. I am really scared right now."

"You are scared?" he scoffs. "How do you think I am feeling right now, Maya?"

I can't speak now.

"This is one of the scariest times in my life!" he nearly screams.

I can feel him glancing at me, but I don't have the strength to look at him. I can't get the picture of that girl and him kissing on his floor. It keeps coming back. Make it go away, please.

Oh shit, we left her back at the house passed out!

"That girl is still at the house," I say quietly while picking at my nails. The sadness has been replaced with a deep depression. The tears have stopped flowing, but my face is still tear-stained.

All I can hear is his heavy breathing. Inhale...Exhale...Inhale...Exhale...Inhale...Exhale...Inhale...Exhale.

"Did you hear me?" I ask him with a voice so quiet it could be a whisper.

"Yes, Maya! I fucking heard you! I always hear you! You never shut the hell up. Just stop talking for once in your life. Please! Stay out of my life. I never wanted you in it in the first place!" he snaps. Here come the waterworks. The words sting my heart and my mouth dries. I don't have anything to say to him. Nothing. But that's what he wants.

...

When we arrive at the hospital, I linger in the car seat while Jake runs inside.

How could he say those things to me? Am I really that much of an annoyance? I sit out in the car before I re-do my messy bun and head inside. I step into the lobby and I am scared. I am so scared. Will Sam be okay?

"Do you know where Samantha Groom is?" I ask the women at the front desk.

"One second," she says as the phone rings. She holds up one of her painted red finger nails for me.

I anxiously rock back and forth on my feet as I look around.

"Mr. Rodney wasn't supposed to leave his room," she says on the phone. "Well get him back in his bed!" she says in a frustrated tone. She has flaming red hair that is a short pixie cut, bright green eyes, and her make-up is caked on her face. She looks around 40. She just can't let her youth go.

"How can I help you?" another man at the desk says because red head is still on the phone.

"Um, Samantha Groom?" I ask him while I chew nervously on my lip.