17. Vampires and Stingrays

A/N: Hey guys! If you were past this point when this chapter was added don't worry, your not missing anything! This was previously part of chapter 16. During some editing I realized the chapter was super long, so gave this part it's own chapter.

Sorry if it creates any confusion!

Happy reading :)

"I don't know" I mumble to myself distractedly as I secure the last bow to the bottom of one of my braids. Staring intently in the bathroom mirror I adjust the bows so they sit evenly on each braid that is now framing my face.

"You look cute!" Zeke assures me, as he has done multiple times already this morning, from his spot leaning against the open door.

"He is right" Dad calls from over the paper he is pretending to read as he eats his toast.

"See!" Zeke shouts like now its official.

" Your not helping" I grumble to my dad, turning away from the mirror giving up and pulling on my knee high socks to make sure they too are even.

"You seemed excited about the outfit yesterday." Zeke walks away from me to join my dad at the table.

He is trying not to rush me but he keeps glancing at the clock. I know we are running late, but I just feel so out of place.

"Yea that was last night." I cross my arms over my chest and collapse into the chair beside him. "Elena's enthusiasm is contagious." I sigh.

"And the fact Damon picked out your shirt," Zeke adds glancing at me with a smirk, "don't think I didn't notice that was the one you got."

"Damon?" Dad folds his newspaper now, giving me his full intention.

"No one!" I shout sounding a little to defensive even to me.

"Her crush" Zeke teases.

"He is not!" I stand to show this conversation is over.

I grab my backpack and glare at Zeke, who now conveniently seems to no longer be worried about the time.

"He is huh?" Dad leans in closer to Zeke. "And how old is this Damon?"

"We have to go!" I interrupt before Zeke has a chance to answer.

Who knows what he would say!

"Do you kids need a ride?" Dad asks as he stands and brings his dish to the sink.

"We should be able to make it if we run" I wave to Zeke trying to get him to collect his things quicker.

"It's a pretty far way to run, you sure you don't want a ride? Its on my way to work." Dad offers again.

Zeke stares at me, not very subtly nodding his head so I know he would rather this option.

"Fine" I sigh. "Thank you."

"Yes! Thank you!" Zeke excitedly jumps up, finally finding his giddy up.

The day rushes by uneventfully. Classes are a joke, mostly just reviewing and filling out easy worksheets. The fact that every class is 10 minutes shorter, in order to make time for the pep rally today, definitely helps make time fly by.

Everyone, even the teachers, are a buzz with the upcoming game and of course the dance after. With Zeke, Leo, and Elena so excited for tonight even I find myself looking forward to it. With the last bell of the day Zeke jumps out of his seat and bounces beside me.

"Come on!" He urgently pulls at me, almost making me trip out of my seat. "Lets go!"

"Ok, ok! Chill, what's the rush?" I steady myself and grab my bag as quickly as I can.