{16}

Chapter 16

The Fishbowl was at its usual raving self for the unders at six in the evening. Darla and Daniel had been up dancing for the whole of an hour and Hedgehog and Daisy were probably doing the same downstairs but Casper was waiting anxiously in a booth in a corner on James and Logan to arrive.

It's not that he was waiting on James. He just wanted to know the reason why Logan was irritated and taking it out on him, which involved him waiting on James to hear of that specific reason and - oh who was he kidding? He was totally waiting on James.

He watched as Darla got down and dirty with Daniel, giving him the best of dance moves Casper knew she only saved if it were someone special, someone worthy. By the look of Daniel's face he fully appreciated the title and tried his best to move with her, to show that he thought she was worthy to him but knowing Darla she already knew that. Hell, Casper knew that.

Obviously, despite his better advice and judgement to Darla she'd gone along with seducing Daniel anyway and it was going smooth like sailing and Casper resented her for it. If Daniel stopped talking to them after she left his heart crushed and broken he'd stop talking to her forever because this time it would be unforgivable. Hurting friends just wasn't cool.

It was surprising though that he was still here, that Darla still had her hook on him. Usually Darla was fast and getting her catch but this time it was almost as if she was taking her time. Casper put it up to the whole friendship thing. The time would come for a broken heart because it always did when Darla was involved. Daniel was just a special catch that would soon be devoured and Casper could do nothing but sit back and watch.

It wasn't anything new - watching that is. Even when Daniel wasn't in the group and the numbers were even Darla ended up buggering off with some poor soul leaving Casper to judge her heavily as he watched her scamper away. Daisy and Hedgehog were usually dancing and James and Logan tended to whatever it was they did (Casper tried his hardest to ignore James and his life completely at this time and those around him). He wasn't always along though, James and Logan would stay with him, just not talking to him and sometimes left to talk to a group of girl or the occasional mosh pit, Casper would always find someone to talk to, he wasn't a total closet case, he could hold a conversation when needed to, especially when he went here nearly every week, the faces and people started to seem familiar with each other. When James did remember his existence, it would be to annoying the fuck out of him.

Thinking about it, James was a little prick back then.

Anyway, Casper didn't mind being left at the booth, keeping their seat. It was the furthest away from the speaker and the laser lights and the smoke machine so he wasn't getting blinded and deafened while he choked to death.

He hated dancing, only joined it when it just involved jumping around wildly and looking like an idiot or simplistic moves. Still , James would have always given him that look that ruined his mojo and jump less enthusiastically because old James seriously like to make Casper's life a living hell. Seriously, he's totally glad that the exchange of kisses has stopped James from being such a cunt (okay, maybe a little more than kisses). They all ended up together, crushed into the booth at the end of the night anyway, sweaty, exhausted and laughing senselessly. Casper loved those moments the most and the reason why he always tagged along most Saturdays, that and it was kind of a requirement when you started listening to a certain type of music, dressing a certain way and dying your hair.

As he was watching the two on the dance floor a movement caught his eye to the left and he saw Hedgehog and Daisy coming up to him, Daisy in front and pulling Hedgehog behind her.

Casper mused at how Daisy stuck out like a sore thumb in this place. While everyone sported some sort of corset, dyed hair that was straightened to the death, something ripped and something black daisy was wearing bright yellow and her honey brown hair bouncing in waves behind her. Unlike her girlfriend with her black tank top and cargo pants with millions of pockets and a heavy chain hanging in a way that it pulled her trousers down to show pale skin between the hem of her shirt and the ridge of her trousers. Oddest couple ever.