second year ➤dobby

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter twenty two-dobby[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter twenty two-dobby
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I watch from the doorway, stunned as this, weird creature jumps around on my bed, having the time of its life. The creature has large bat like ears which were incredibly disproportional for his small figure. His eyes were big and green and he wore a dirty pillow case as clothes.

It stops jumping when it notices me, staring at me in awe. "Harry Potter!" He bows slightly. "What an honor it it."

"Who are you?" I question immediately.

"Dobby, sir," the thing replies. "Dobby the house elf."

I turn and shut my door, instinctively lowering my voice as not to get the unwanted attention of Uncle Vernon. "Not to be rude or anything, but this isn't a great time for me to have a house elf in my bedroom."

"Oh! Oh, yes sir," Dobby exclaims, not receiving my hint of wanting him to be quieter. "Dobby understands! It's just that Dobby has come to tell you... It is difficult, sir. Dobby wonders where to begin."

I sigh but obviously grow intrigued at the house elf's words. "Why don't you sit down?" I offer.

Dobby's already massive eyes only grow wider.
"S-sit down?"

He jumps off of my bed and begins to sob. Panicked, I look from him to the door and hope that the wooden door is enough to conceal Dobby's sobs from the Dursley's.

Hurriedly, I approach the elf. "Dobby, shush. I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to offend you or anything."

Dobby momentarily stops his fit, looking up at me with his big green eyes. "Offend Dobby? Dobby has heard of your greatness, sir, but never has been asked to sit down by a wizard... Like an equal."

I suddenly feel tremendous sympathy for the house elf, to think that I though I had it bad here.

"You can't have met many decent wizards, then."

"No," Dobby replies. "I haven't," a look of panic arises in his face. "That was an awful thing to say."

He walks over to my dresser and without warning bangs his head onto it. "Bad Dobby!"
He scolds himself over and over again.

I rush over to him frantically looking at the door. "Stop. Dobby! Dobby, please! Dobby, please stop. Stop! Dobby! Please, be quiet!" I yell at him in a hushed tone sighing when he finally stops.

"Are you alright?" I ask once he's finally done.

"Dobby had to punish himself, sir. Dobby almost spoke ill of his family, sir," he says climbing up onto a chair and sitting on his knees so that he reaches my eye level as I sit across from him.

"Your family?"

"The wizard family Dobby serves, sir. Dobby is bound to serve one family forever. If they ever knew Dobby was here," he pauses and shudders. "Ooh! But Dobby had to come. Dobby has to protect Harry Potter, to warn him. Harry Potter must not go back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry this year. There is a plot. A plot to make most terrible things happen."