second year ➤ollivanders

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter twenty seven-ollivander's [Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter twenty seven-ollivander's
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I peek through the windows of Ollivander's wand shop, to ensure that no ones inside. Unfortunately there is a line inside, but only two girls probably buying their wands. I turn, leaning against the shop window, waiting for them to leave. I jump when I hear the sound of a lamp breaking. Yep, definitely buying wands.

I only end up waiting like five minutes before the two girls leave. I walk through the door of the shop, the bell singling as I do so but Mr. Ollivander is nowhere to be seen.

I've prepared everything I want to say. I need him to tell me about my wand. I also need him to tell me what he meant when he told me to do my studying. And I need to know how he knew my name before I told it to him. I'm gonna get answers.

"Hello? Mr Ollivander?" I call out to the empty room.

On cue he swings into view on his ladder and steps down looking at me with a look of confusion and joy. "Miss (y/n). What a surprise," the way he says it however, doesn't seem too surprised. "Is your wand ok?"

"Yes," I reply, suddenly unsure of everything I had planned to say.

"So then how am I to help you?" He asks stepping down from his ladder and over to his desk.

"I, um, I had a few questions."

He tilts his head. "Well alright then, ask away."

"Why was I the one chosen to own such a
powerful wand? Surely there's people more deserving of it, Harry for instance, or Hermione, she's rather brilliant. I'm sure she could make quite a big more use out of it."

Mr. Ollivander smiles. "The wand chooses the wizard, (y/n). You know this. Your friends, well yes undoubtedly they're special, and their wands are more than fine, for them. You are only going into your second year of Hogwarts, you must know that you've got so much life ahead of you, so much yet to see and do, so much time to realize why your wand chose you to be its owner."

"Why do you have to answer everything so discreetly? I know you know more than you're letting on, sir."

He merely winks and I grow frustrated.

"Well thanks," I say sarcastically. "You've been a real big help.

"So much like your mother you are, Miss         (y/n)," Ollivander says as I halfway open the door.

I turn around to face him and walk up to his counter. "You know her?"

"I remember every wand I ever sold, of course I know her."

"What's her name?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "You want to know why you are so deserving of a wand with such power?"

I nod.

"From what I gather, your mother is the best chance you have of finding out."

He turns and walks back to his ladder. I slam my fists on the counter. "That's not enough," I say but he refuses to face me again. "Mr. Ollivander, please, what do I need to do?"

He turns, rather quickly now. "I don't think your mother is who she says she is. And for your safety and the safety or your loved ones, you need to find out what she wants. How come she's only now reaching out to you after years and years of abuse she put you through."

Stunned, I watch him climb the ladder at the back of the shop. Right before he disappears, he smiles one last time. "But then again, I'm just a shopkeeper. What do I know?"

He leaves and I stand there, confused. I wonder how it's possible for me to end up leaving with more questions than when I came in. How, how on earth did Ollivander know the history of my life? Why won't he tell me anything and why doesn't he trust my mother?

I leave the shop to see Harry, Ron and Hermione waiting outside. I only catch a bit of their conversation, ranting about how much of a git the Malfoy's are, before they notice me.

"Hey, did you get your wand fixed?" Hermione asks slightly concerned. "I didn't even know there was anything wrong with it."

I stare at her, confused. "What?"

"Your wand," Harry replies. "You left the shop because you needed to get it checked out."

"She left the shop because she couldn't put up with that Lucius Malfoy anymore," Ron corrects. "I don't blame you at all either."

I debate telling them why I really went to Ollivander's, really, I do. What with each of their individual skills, I'm sure we could get answers quickly. On the other hand, Mr. Ollivander told me that my friend's safety was at stake if they knew too much.

I can't risk that.

"Oh yeah, all fixed."

They nod. Hermione eyes me suspiciously but the squawk of an owl saves me from squirming under her stare. Rose soars down towards me, dropping a letter over my head. Harry catches it and passes it to me.

No way.

My dearest daughter,
Hello (y/n), I hope that you had a good, safe summer. We haven't talked in awhile, I didn't know how to contact you, where you were exactly. Now that you're returning to Hogwarts it'll be much easier for me to contact you. Remember though, it isn't easy for me to write to you, if I'm caught, horrendous things will happen to the both of us. In times that I feel so far apart from you, I rejoice that you have at least a piece of me with you. The ring that I gave to you for Christmas is a very sentimental piece of our family. I also want to thank you for responding to my letter all those months ago. I understand that you have questions but Id rather I answer them in person, it'd be easier for me to explain.
I really do believe we can one day be a family again, (y/n).
It's your choice.
With love, mum.

"Who's  it from?" Harry asks me casually.

Moment of truth. I can tell them everything, or leave them in the dark.

I have heard the saying that ignorance is bliss.

"My mum. She just wanted to know how my summer was."

I hope I made the right choice.
*********************