second year ➤what a welcome

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter twenty nine-what a welcome[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter twenty nine-what a welcome
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

It's past nightfall by the time Ron and I finally reach the familiar surroundings of the giant castle in the distance. Hogwarts in the night is easily one of my favourite sights to see, what with the misty grounds that seem to give the whole place a mysterious look, the warm light shining through the windows that illuminates the castle grounds. Even the forbidden forest, which I despise going through with every ounce of my being, but must admit, looks pretty wicked at night.

Ron sighs happily from the drivers seat as he looks among our school "Welcome home," he says turning to face me to which I smile in return.

Unfortunately for us, this blissful moment only lasts for what seems like a millisecond because next thing we know, the car gives a sudden jerk and we glide uneasily from the sky onto the castle grounds.

"Up! Up!" I shout out hoping that the car will obey my orders and continue flying peacefully.

"It's not working!" Ron shouts back as he frantically starts pushing buttons and pulling levers.

"UP!" I shout again as the car continues falling. "Up! Mind that tree!"

The bloody car is heading straight for a tree. Not just any tree, this tree was extremely large with a thick, twisted trunk and a variety of thick branches that split into a bunch of smaller, thinner branches on the end. I can't help but to notice that the tree swings delicately. Which is weird, I think, because there's no wind tonight.

I continue panicking uselessly along with Ron despite us both knowing it's pointless. "Stop! Stop! Stop!" Ron yells repeatedly as he whacks his wand violently on the steering wheel.

I wince as I hear a snap and I hope for his sake that it's not his arm or something. Among seeing his horrified face staring at his snapped in half wand, I turn my attention back to the front window and close my eyes as we crash straight into the massive tree. Luckily neither of us are in extreme pain as we stop for a moment while the car tips back and forth. The two of us hold our breaths, as if that'll make any difference at all. One particular tip backwards seems to be just a smidge to much and my breath is taken away completely as we fall backwards. The car gets smashed and destroyed by multiple branches in the process. After falling from the godforsaken tree about two more times, it finally, thankfully, comes to a stop.

After at long last getting the chance to catch our breaths, Ron speaks up rather weakly. "My wand," he whines. "Look at my wand."

"Be thankful it's not your neck," I retort.

A loud crash makes the both of us jump. "What's happening?" Ron squeaks.

"I don't know," I reply looking out the window.

A low, growling sound makes the knot that's already in my stomach about ten times tighter. Ron and I hesitantly turn forward to see one on the large, thicker, and almost fist-like tree branches come swinging towards us. We scream as it smashes against the windshield and continue to scream through every hit.