second year ➤polyjuice and azkaban

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter thirty five-polyjuice and azkaban[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter thirty five-polyjuice and azkaban
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

Harry, Ron, and I sit in the library, awaiting Hermione. Hermione, after a long while of searching, walks over, book in hand. Yesterday, Hermione proposed that Draco could be the heir of Slytherin. I must say, it makes a lot of sense, Draco is about as Slytherin as one could be. That's why today, we rushed to the library as quickly as we could, she said she knew of a potion that might be able to aid us in our search.

"Here it is, the Polyjuice potion," she begins reading before she even sits down. "Properly brewed, the Polyjuice potion allows the drinker to transform the self temporarily into the physical form of another."

"You mean if Harry and I drink that stuff, we'll turn into Crabbe and Goyle?" Ron asks, in reference to the plan we had concocted last night, clearly intrigued.

"Yes," Hermione confirms.

"Wicked," Ron grins. "Malfoy'll tell us anything."

"Exactly, but it's tricky," Hermione says, scanning the book. "I've never seen a more complicated potion."

She passed the book to me and it's as if it's written in a different language. "Hermione!" I exclaim. "This'll take at least one month to make!"

"A month?" Harry repeats concernedly. "But, Hermione, if Malfoy is heir of Slytherin, he could attack half the Muggleborns in the school by then."

Hermione sighs. "I know. But it's the only plan we've got."

"So is it worth it?" Ron asks scanning over our group. "Are we doing this?"

We sit in silence for a moment, as if waiting for something to either confirm or deny. When no one does, I take it as my cue to speak up. "I really don't see how we've got any other choice," I turn to Hermione. "Look, you said this potion is really complicated, can you handle it?"

Hermione, slowly but surely, nods her head. "It won't be easy but I'll manage it."

I nod. "Good on you. Now, I've gathered some information about last night, around the time I believe the events had taken place and I think I was able to find a lead."

Ron's eyes widen when I pull out my notepad filled almost entirely with different theories, illustrations, and scribbled out sentences. "Whoa!" He gapes. "You did all that in a night?"

"I know, right? Wasn't too hard either. If only I put this much effort into my assignments. I'd be as good as Hermione," I reply. "So when we got to the wall, the blood was still dripping meaning, of course, that whoever had written the message had done so just prior to when we'd discovered it. We had gotten there at maybe just after seven o clock and it was just as everyone was returning to their dorms after dinner. Whoever had written that message had time to write it, when they knew that the halls would be clear, wash the blood from their hands and hide the evidence, then go back to the dining hall to leave with the rest of the school and pretend to discover the message easily avoiding suspicion. The answer then really should be simple, it was done by someone who skipped out on dinner."