Chapter 21: Turning Point

The picture above is Nick Bateman, who seems to most resemble what I think Clause would look like.

I decided that Clause is pretty much a main character at this point and deserves a body to go with my descriptions.

I'm also thinking about doing a spin-off with Clause and Drake together, so why not give him a more permanent role in the story.

Hope you enjoy the chapter

~HarleyVB

Finn's POV

Finn's POV

The world around me seemed to slip through my fingertips, sliding right from my hands as I tried to get a grasp on reality. My skin went cold, heart pumping loudly in my ears and forcing me to press both hands to my head to suppress the pounds. I nearly screamed out in frustration when my vision got blurry, toppling over to the ground and clinging to the grass.

Heavy footsteps echoed in my head, the sound disappearing in seconds as well as Adrian's scent. I couldn't react fast enough, turning around to see the empty forest where my mate once was.

"Dammit," I said, clawing at the skin on my arms while I looked all around me, trying to spot my mate. "God fucking dammit!" I yelled, hitting my fists against the ground as I panted heavily.

He had screamed.

I heard it.

I had to have heard it.

Gritting my teeth together, I kept darting through the woods, fear taking over my body like some rogue parasite. I couldn't help the tears on my face as I recalled images of my dead parents, my old pack burning down and Jasper covered in blood as I tore him away from the hunters.

I killed the hunters. I had to kill them. They would've taken Jasper away from me if I hadn't.

"Adrian!" I shouted, my voice echoing off of the floor as I kept remembering his audible cry for help. "Please, oh god, please."

I tried to focus, listening for any signs that the captor was still around. I was met with unbearable silence, my fists clenching and pain pounding in my head.

It could have been a rogue, or maybe a hunter.

I shook my head, pressing my hands against my eyes while I cried profusely. My hands felt tied against my back, emotions swirling in my head while I attempted to search for a solution with little information to go off of.

So fucking weak.

Couldn't save my parents, now I can't even save my own mate.

My breathing was heavy while I turned in circles, gripping my hair harshly between my fingers as I nearly ripped a clump out. I could barely catch my breath as panic started to set in.