CHAPTER XXXII

KATHERINE EVY JONES

We are currently at the airport. And I am accompanied by two baboons, namely- Kyle and Jordan. These two idiots are literally jumping all around the airport as if they have never seen one. This kind of behaviour is expected from Kyle...but Jordan?!

"Seriously!" I explode at Jordan when she jumps in front of me.

"What?" she asks frowning.

"Jumping over the whole airport! Jords!" I cried out loud.

she whips her hair back and asks casually, "So what?"

"Never you mind," I sigh and look in a different direction.

Jordan shrugs and goes to Kyle. We told her everything yesterday, except leaving a few parts of Maisie's story. She was furious at me for not telling her about Marcia, but got over it eventually. Relations between her and Ace are conciliatory.

At least we have passed the stage when they want to prick each other's heads off.

Ace has gone to work today otherwise his 'caring' fiance would murder him with her questions.

"Her flight has arrived!" Jordan burst out and came running to me, bursting me out of my bubble.

Now, I could feel the excitement and anticipation build inside me. It's been so long since I have seen Veronica...she handles a chain of hotels is USA and is pretty popular among media. But here, she is disguised or something like that to avoid the media people. Thankfully.

When the passengers started departing from the terminals, I started scanning the whole crowd. Kyle, who was sitting on Jordan's shoulder was doing the same and so was Jordan. Finally catching the sight of beautifully coloured hair, I tried to tell Jordan.

But only Kyle was there, Jordan was running through the crowd.

***

Me and Kyle ran through the crowd, trying to locate Jordan.

After a few moments, Kyle tugged at my sleeve. I looked to where he was pointing, there stood two women in each other's arms laughing manically. 

I moved towards them when one of them turned and voila, it was Veronica.

Her bright hazel eyes highlighted by the bold shade of her hair and perfectly arched eyebrows. Thin coat of makeup high lighted her cheek bones, ever so slightly and her lips, the lightest shade of pink. 

She was wearing a flannel t-shirt with black leggings, pretty ordinary for a million dollar earning woman, if you ask me.

Her eyes lighted up on catching sight of me. She charged towards me and I was about to get massacred but she suddenly stopped. Assessing me from head to toe, she moved her hand forward.