Promise ; Nishinoya X Injured! Reader

A/N: This One-Shot is based off of Bethany Hamilton's amazing and beautiful story.

There are two things in your life that you cherish most.

1. Your boyfriend, Nishinoya Yuu.
2. Surfing.

You are a professional surfer. A well known one at that. You compete in many of the competitions held at your local beach.

Surfing was something you could never imagine letting go. It was as if surfing was a part of your body. It's like oxygen to you. You simply couldn't live with out it.

Speaking of surfing, you're on your way to the beach with your best friend [F/N], her/his brother, and dad. Your best friend and her/his family invited you over to the beach for a day filled with surfing. You happily agreed, and the plans were made.

The four of you safely made it to the warm beach. You hopped out of the car, a content smile on your face. You go around to the back of the truck, and grab your [F/C] board. You clutch it in between your right arm, and walk towards the water.

The warm sand hits your feet, as it sinks in between your toes. You slowly walk in the sand, enjoying the warmth of the environment. A cool breeze whooshes past, making everything feel calm and fresh.

You soon make it into the water, your feet indulging into the dark blue abyss. You continue to walk into the water until your body is fully engulfed in the waves. You hop onto your board, and lay on your stomach. You perform a front stroke, moving your board farther into the ocean.

Once you and the other three make it out far enough, you continue to float in one spot for a while. Sometimes you enjoyed to just bask in the sunlight, while laying on your board. It's always calming hearing the sound of the waves.

"Can you believe we've been surfing together since we were just kids? It's insane to me." [F/N] asks.

"Yea. It was so long ago that I first learned to surf. I instantly fell in love with it." You reply, hanging one arm into the water, letting it twirl around.

The two of you continue to talk, as you lay still on your boards. You laugh at something [F/N] said, causing your arm to shake under the water. A few seconds into laughing, you suddenly feel an intense tug on your arm. You hear [F/N] let out a deadly scream, as she/he swims towards you. Not knowing what's happening, you look down at your left arm. You see the water besides you slowly becoming a dark red.

All at once, everything hits you. The pain, the realization, and the shock. Your head starts to go fuzzy, as more blood pours out of your wound.

"I need to get to the shore!" You slur, mind completely out of it.

"We need to get to the reef!"
"Hurry!"
"Call 119!"
"You're going to be okay [Y/N]!"
"Helps on its way!"

"Please, please just get me to the beach!" You beg in desperation.

Your head becomes more and more fuzzy, as you get closer to shore. You feel your body hit the ground, and a cloth being wrapped around your blooded wound. Your body is lifted off of your board, and placed onto another. The three person family counts down from three, before lifting your body. They continue to carry you towards the car.

You look around, everything blurry. You see a blurry image of [F/N]'s crying face. You continue to gaze around, not being able to see a thing.

Your body is placed into the back of the truck, as [F/N] and her/his brother are taking a seat next to you. [F/N] cries, and whispers

"Please don't die. Please don't die. Please don't die."

The truck comes to a stop, and your body is taken out of the truck, and into a stretcher. You're put into an ambulance, and your head is almost completely blanked out.

"She's going into hypovolemic shock!"

Your body is continuing to shut down. Luckily, your at the hospital in no time. Not thinking your able to stay awake any more, you whisper out a desperate

"Yuu, I need Yuu. ."

You black out, your body finally giving up.

•••

You slowly awake to a staggering pain near your left shoulder. You slowly move your right hand up towards your shoulder. You pat the area where your arm is supposed to be. You feel nothing.

"Yuu?" You whisper out, still slightly in a daze.

"[F/N]-Chan." Noya instantly rushes to your side and grabs your hand.

"It hurts." You simply state, quietly.

Noya directs another boy in the room to go get a nurse. Noya takes a look at you, before bowing his head. His shoulders start to shake, and sniffles are heard across the room.

"Please don't cry Yuu." You say, rubbing your thumb across his palm.

"I'm going to be ok."

Nishinoya slowly nods his head, and looks up.

"I-I thought we had lost you. I was so scared [Y/N]. I was just at volleyball practice, when I got a call saying that you were in a shark attack. I dropped my phone and ran here. The entire time, I was just screaming and yelling "please don't take her" over and over again. I seriously thought I lost you." Noya cries out.

"Yuu, am I breathing?"

He nods.

"Am I awake and respondent?"

He nods.

"Then I'm fine. Please don't cry."

Nishinoya instantly wraps his arms carefully around you. You give him a one armed hug in return. He pulls away, and turns his head towards several other boys in the room.

"[Y/N]-Chan, these are my teammates. They refused to stay at practice, so I let them come. Is that alright?"

"Of course. It's nice to meet you all." You smile softly.

"Nice to meet you!" The boys yell, while bowing.

You continue to smile at their actions, before turning towards Nishinoya.

"Yuu?"

"Yes, [Y/N]-Chan?"

"You have to promise to help me get through this. I won't be able to get through this experience by myself." You whisper.

"I promise with all my heart." Noya says, leaning down towards you.

He gives you a small peck on the lips, and pulls back. He links his pinky with yours, and gives you a large smile.

At that moment, you knew for sure, everything is going to be just fine.

Fun Fact: My old Music TA was friends with Bethany Hamilton.