chapter 4

a/n: i've got a headache from playing breath of the wild too much 😂😓
ITS GOOD
LIKE REALLY GOOD so far. i havent left the great plateau yet tho

As [Name] and Shad's horse trotted up towards Iza and Hena's Playground for Grown-Ups, the female spotted something glittering in the distance. She wondered if that was another sword piece. Perhaps there was some sorcerer running around turning people into swords.

As she neared, however, she realized this sparkly object was most certainly not a slab of metal - it was moving, had six legs, and a pair of tiny wings. [Name] immediately stopped her horse, startled. The insect was almost as big as her head, and the way it convoluted its abdomen every once in a while nauseated her.

"Uh... Let's take a detour." Nervously chuckling, she guided her animal companion in another direction. She turned back to make sure the bug wasn't following her, and panicked upon realizing it had disappeared.

"Din damn it," she muttered, not exactly wanting to go investigate but fearing if she pressed on it would come out of hiding and eat her or something. With a heavy sigh, she continued to ride forward, and saw the insect's sizzling form wildly running amok.

Scrunching her nose up, she climbed off her horse and picked up a nearby deku stick. She swung her weapon down like a sledgehammer, successfully killing it.

"Hahaha, I'm your god now!" she grinned, before staring up in confusion as a blue light rose up from the bug's carcass. Thinking its spirit had vengefully returned to haunt her, [Name] yelped and scrambled away.

"Noooo I'm sorry, o honorable bug!" She whimpered, shielding her face from the light. When a few seconds of silence passed, she looked up, and the light hadn't budged. She released a melodramatic gasp.

"Might you be a benevolent spirit whose soul I just freed? Maybe you know the... uh... what's-his-face... Ghirahim!"

The light said nothing.

"Great, I'll just leave ya here then, and be on my way..." Tossing the deku stick on the ground, [Name] returned to her horse and trotted onward.

Meanwhile, a Hylian boy who was ensnared in the body of a twilight-tainted beast, and his imp-like companion, watched in awe as a stranger brought forth a Tear of Light for them.

As she made her way up along the Zora's River, Link quickly collected the tear before following her. She couldn't see him, nor could she tell that she was a mere spirit in the world engulfed by twilight. Although Link shamed himself for stalking an unsuspecting person, he couldn't help but feel intrigued.

He watched as she left her horse outside, feeding it an apple she drew from her satchel. She then opened the door leading into the Fishing Hole - though Link hastily slipped through behind her as it shut. She strode through the area, her eyes affixed on the astonishing scenery around her.

It was autumn now, so the leaves were gorgeous blends of persimmon and ochre. Several had flown away and fluttered down to the dazzling stream of translucent waters, dancing on the surface like dragonflies.

[Name] tore her gaze away and continued on with her task of delivering the goods basket to Hena. She entered the Fishing Hole owner's cabin, and while Link didn't make it in time to follow her inside he was able to eavesdrop.

"Oh, [Name]! It's been so long!" Came Hena's voice, as she hopped over the counter to embrace her longtime friend. [Name] grinned and wrapped one arm around the fisherman's waist, before they let go and she placed the basket on the tabletop.

"You came all the way up here just to deliver stuff for Telma?" Hena quirked a brow, peering into the basket.

"No," [Name] shrugged. "I haven't seen you in a while and I wanted to stop by!"

Hena let out an incredulous snort, shaking her head with a knowing smile. "With someone as individualistic as you, I doubt the credibility of that claim."

[Name] huffed. "Fine, I'm waiting for a smith to come by and take a look at this broken sword I have, and Telma knows I'm bored so she's having me do chores." She then muttered, quietly, "I hope she pays me for this..."

"Sword?" A look of genuine interest flashed on Hena's face. Link peered through the window, wanting to see what type of sword this was.

"Well, it used to be..." [Name] pulled a handful of the sword's shards out, and Hena 'ooh'ed' before the delivery girl returned them to her satchel.

"Heh, my sister Iza used to be into weapons and all that, so I thought I might have been able to help out. Obviously I'm not a blacksmith, but that looks beyond fixing?"

[Name] scrunched her nose up. "Well, I hope not 'cause it turned into a person a while ago. He tried to attack me and then... kinda... self-destructed."

"And you want to bring him back?" Hena quirked a brow.

"Meh, my life's boring right now and he adds some pizzazz - quite literally, as he can dissipate into diamonds..."

Hena burst into laughter, managing out through her giggles: "You always... haha... attract the weirdest people..." She buried her face in her palms, shoulders shaking as her uncontrollable fit continued.

[Name] cracked a smile, before glancing down at her satchel. "Whoa, I wonder if he's dead... 'Cause he, like, obliterated himself..."

Outside of Hena's cabin, Midna roughly pat Link's mane. "C'mon, doggy, we should hurry up and clear the Twilight so we can see what that girl's talking about."

The wolf nodded and dashed back out to the main portion of Upper Zora's River.