thirteen

CHECK OUT THE KINDA OKAY VIDEO I MADE FOR BLUE :D

l o l a

The air around me felt heavy as I perched myself on the end of my bed, the strain of guilt consumed me and I felt my heart weigh down with my soul as I glanced around the four walls of my room. The lavender walls reminded me of a simpler time, a young girl who was more interested in the colour of her room than the guilt of pursuing a forbidden journey. Innocence ran through her until the day she blew out those birthday candles and met his blue eyes in the darkness of a smoggy club.

I read the text again, somehow wanting to believe the words he wrote.

louis: are you busy tonight? I miss you...

I read the words over and over and over again, hearing his smooth voice say those three words and eight letters so perfectly but never having the reality of it. He didn't miss me, his hold on me loosened and his haste to grip on tighter was this lousy attempt at affection. I sigh, quickly replying before shoving the phone down and laying back on my bed.

lola: yeah sorry, mona and I are studying tonight. we should do something tomorrow, maybe dinner?

The familiar buzz of my phone caused a groan to escape the rawness of my lips, I laid still. It wasn't until another buzz rang through the device that I grabbed it, smiling at the screen as the text I'd been waiting for finally ran across the bright screen.

harry: here :-) -H

I push the curtains on my window to the side and look upon my front yard to see Harry resting against the fence of my home, I beam a smile as I watched him toss his phone from one hand to the other and whistle a tune into the air whilst he awaited for my arrival. I jump off my bed with a thud, grabbing my jacket and bag from my desk before scurrying down stairs to the front door.

But as I reach to grab the door knob a voice settles into my bones, making my excitement deflate. "Lola Margaret Davenport, where are you going?" My mother questions.

I force a smile. "Friends study group." I lie.

"With that boy?" She cocks an eyebrow, glancing through the window to look at Harry with unapproved colour in her eyes. I clench my fists tightly, containing the emotions flooding me as I look into her fiery eyes.

"Yes, he's a friend mother." I state firmly.

"A friend?"

"Yes, a friend." I confirm.

She doesn't look convinced, pinning me down with her blue eyes. "Be home by eight." I nod to her before motioning out the door, but not without being pursued once more. "And Lola?" I turn to her, cowering from her glare. "Be sure to invite Louis over for dinner tomorrow night, we have some wonderful news for you both." Her venomous attack on the light Harry shines in my life burns me, breaking through the wall I kept up to hide from this life. I simply just nod my head, exiting the home with a sigh of relief.

Harry leaned against the fence still, scrolling through the phone in his hand as he awaited. The breeze blows through his messy hair, bushing it against his neck and shoulders to expose his tan skin. I bite my lip as I walk up to the gate, admiring his zoned out demeanour. As the gate opens and let's the awful squeak run through the air, Harry's attention is caught and he looks into my eyes with a wonderful smile on his lips.