Chapter 8 - Nigel Quintin Ulysses

CHAPTER 8
NIGEL QUINTIN ULYSSES

I know that it's not right to ditch someone, especially if you promised that you would be there. To make it worse, you didn't even tell them the reason why you ditched them. Yes, I ditched Mark. I ditched Mark because my girlfriend was requiring my presence.

Apparently Julia was on her period right now, and had run out of stock of pads. I asked her why they got ran out, and she only screamed at me, telling me that I was ass. There was nothing wrong with the question I asked her, it's just that... girls get very sensitive when they're on their periods. It kind of pissed me off, but I knew that it was just because of her period. But at the very back of my head, a voice was telling me that I shouldn't tolerate it. I was pissed at Julia.

My girlfriend asked me to purchase pads from a grocery store; she told me she needed it as soon as possible, then she asked me to buy an ice cream and a piece of red velvet cake. I knew better than to ignore her request because I'd be greeted with doom once I step into her house without a red velvet cake and an ice cream. So that's why I did. After the last period ended, I hastily got out of my seat and ran past the students. Some gave me a side-eye look as I accidentally bumped into them out of hurry, but I didn't give any damn. I ran quickly to the parking lot, climbed into my car, and then drove as fast as possible to get into the nearest grocery store, which really wasn't far. It was just four blocks away from school and it didn't take much time for me to get there.

Once I purchased the pads (and passersby, mostly women, were looking at me with a confused expression and I didn't look at them or give them a quick glance), I headed to buy a red velvet cake and a strawberry ice cream (because strawberry ice cream is her favorite).

Every now and then I was looking at my watch, kind of hoping that Julia would let me go once I delivered the stuff she had me purchase. I was already twenty minutes late and had this feeling that Mark was now judging me, probably thinking that I was an asshole and that it proved him right that Blaine's way cooler than me. If I didn't have a girlfriend at all and was a free man, then I'd bicker hard just to make Mark see that I'm better than Blaine. But I have a girlfriend – sometimes she can be very demanding.

"God," I muttered to myself once I hurried, getting out of the car once parked in front of my girlfriend's house. When I entered the house, I was greeted with a fuming Julia and I only gave her an apologetic smile, hoping that when she saw it, she'd forgive me for something I didn't do. "Here are the pads, your red velvet cake, and strawberry ice cream."

"You purchased a strawberry ice cream?" she asked me as she crossed her arms across her chest, glaring at me icily and I looked at her in confusion. "I wanted the caramel one!" She stomped her foot on the ground, then went to the living room, leaving me dumbfounded. "Sometimes you're dumb." She added rather harshly.

Okay, to be honest, that was harsh. And it hurt me. She never made that comment until now. She yelled, telling me to bring the stuff over, and that's what I did. I followed her command like I was some sort of a puppy, then brought her the stuff she made me buy. Julia commanded me to get a spoon, and I hurriedly headed to the kitchen area to get her a spoon and then went back to the living room only to give her the spoon. She never thanked me. Instead she opened the lid of the ice cream hastily then began eating without offering some to me. Usually when I bring her foods, she'd always offer something to me. She'd get mad if I try to take the spoon or fork because she wants to be the one to do it for me. She wants to feed me, and I always think that it's sweet. It's a sweet gesture. But she never made those today.

Julia completely disregarded me as if she didn't feel my presence, or didn't know that I was here. She acted like she never knew me. She just watched a show on the television while eating the strawberry cake. I took a seat beside her, hoping that she would say something to me, or even make a single gesture to let myself know that she knew that I was here. But she didn't. Yet I stayed at her house for two hours, but she never spoke to me. I tried to talk to her, but it felt like I was talking to a wind or a ghost with no mouth. In fact, I would rather talk to a ghost with no mouth because I knew that it would listen to me and expect that the ghost wouldn't reply, considering the ghost didn't have a mouth.