Chapter 23: Alone

Song: Alone, Halsey

We hit 4k reads! 🎉🎉🎈🎆😝

I'm so glad that more people are taking interest in this story. I apologise for my little writing absence. I've been trying to fix the story and get the plot in order before I added another chapter.

Don't forget to vote and comment! I love hearing your thoughts on the book 💙

~HarleyVB

Finn's POV

Finn's POV

Everyone in Clauses pack was on their feet, moving in a rush to aid me in finding my missing mate.

My eyes were red from restless nights of minimal sleep and a permanent ache settled on my body, causing shivers to go through me. It felt like someone had punched me repeatedly in the chest, but I knew that it was just my paranoia for Adrian trying to consume me again.

Clause jogged up to me, clapping a hand on my back in sympathy. "How're you holding up?" he asked, though the question was entirely idiotic.

"I'm fucking fantastic." I muttered, subconsciously glaring up at him from my seat in the pack kitchen.

He had helped me so much in the past couple days, but his positive attitude was starting to make me insane. I didn't know how Drake could possibly deal with it.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have asked." there was a smug smile on his face, but I knew he was going for compassionate so I didn't say anything.

"Any news?" I asked, rubbing my aching head as pain lanced through my side.

The trouble of being so close to someone and having a werewolf bond with them was that you could feel their emotions, to a certain extent that is. All I felt at that moment was deep pain and anxiety. It killed me to know my little love was alone, trying to make it through this shit show.

"Not any good news, I'm afraid. Only more bad." his grin seemed to dissipate. "They kidnapped someone from my pack." a snarl formed on his lips.

"Wait, really?" everyone in Clauses pack was highly trained to fight, I had even gone to Clause myself, years back, to learn how to spar. "Who?"

Clause let out a heavy sigh and took a seat down next to me. "Ronny."

I recalled the name. He had once been held captive by the hunters, but had escaped and was taken in by Clause. Sorrow struck my heart as I also remembered the good news shared by him and his mate Dean.

"Oh god," I shook my head. "He's pregnant. Isn't he?"

The upbeat Alpha didn't say anything, but I got my answer just from the hollow look in his silver eyes.