Chapter 25: Reunited

Leo's POV

"What the heck are you two doing here, ya frackin' rotten potatoes?" Marissa practically screeched, making Mark wince.

"Glad to see you, too." His voice was rough and quiet.

After we made it to the ship Mark had passed out. I was able to get him inside and hooked up to my medical machine. It was barley thirty minutes after he had been hooked up that he woke and tried to rip the cords off his body. He kept telling me that Marissa needed help. From the look on the face I could tell I wasn't going to win the argument, so even though he was in the middle of getting a rib fussed together I gave him some pills for the pain and we headed out and back away from my precious ship. It was easy to find our friend. All we had to do was follow the unconscious bodies and potatoes laying around.

"It's not that. You're hurt, Mark. Geez." Marissa frowned at her friend.

"And you need help." Mark squinted his eyes at her and attempted to stand without using me as a crutch but stumbled slightly and I had to step forward to grab him before he fell completely.

"Hey, take it easy." I spoke softly. He needed to relax some or he would be right back where we were before he passed out.

"Right, sorry." His grip on me tightened slightly. His condition really wasn't that much better from beforehand and it was making me worried.

   "You're right." She sighed, "Leo can you use your wrist bracelet thing to open Lyler's door?"

I looked from Lyler to Mark. "Yeah but Mark can't stand by himself." She came and rapped an arm around Mark and headed over toward the cell. I placed one of my, still human, fingers against my bracelet and then placed it against the keypad beside the door. I watched the wires make their way into it and a moment later the door was sliding open.

"Thanks." The Martian gave a weak smile and made his way to Marissa. He was beaten up pretty bad but nowhere near as bad as Mark.

"Now we must go back to my ship... again." I sighed. I really just wanted to get out of this place. We had been stuck here for two days with no food and only some water.

I took Mark back and we all headed toward the door I had blasted open on accident trying to get past the human fridge beating it in when we got there. I glanced behind me and saw Marissa helping Lyler. I hoped we were lucky enough to get to our goal without too much of a fight. With two people injured, it would be almost impossible to beat an army of those guys even with Marissa and her potato launcher if we had two injured friends.

"I just want to get out of this friggin' place." Marissa groaned.

We made our way out of what was left of the door and down the hallway. "Jeez Mars. How hard did you hit these guys?" Mark chuckled a little but ended up coughing. I stopped to let him finish.

"I hope I didn't kill any of them." She frowned and looked around.

"Nah, they all good." Lyler sighed in disappointment. "Unfortunately. I hate all of them."

"Me too." Mark agreed.

"Me three!" Marissa piped in.

"They do suck." I huffed as I looked around a corner before heading down it.

"We should be close by now." Lyler nodded to a door at the end of the hallway we were at.

"Isn't it weird how we didn't see a single person the entire way here?" Mark furrowed his brow in confusion. "The only people we saw were the guys Mars knocked out and that huge mountain of a guy."

We continued our way to the door carefully and quietly. Once we got there I opened the door with as much caution as I could, but even that wouldn't make what was on the other side of the door disappear.

~~~~~~~~~~
   Heyo, sorry this chapter is short, crappy, and slightly late. I know I need to update on time like I promised and I'm trying, it's just been hard lately.