16; forest

YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU
EVER MET ME

❝ YOU'LL BE SORRY YOU EVER MET ME ❞

Her hands were shaking. Strenuous, for ten minutes, they had been trembling. She pushed them down, shoved them between her knees, but they kept going.

Her breathing was choppy. It seemed as if no matter how hard she tried, taking a full breath, in and out, simply was not in her realm of capabilities. Negan was growing frustrated beside her. He shifted in his seat and gripped the steering wheel fiercely, making a sharp turn on the dirt road.

"Quit fucking shaking, darling," he breathed. His voice was softer than it had been. Reasonably, seeing as he had time to cool down. But she hadn't.

Negan had always gone easy on her. Just as he'd told her, most people in her position would have been dead already. Six feet under, or stuck on the spikes. The thought frightened her. She'd pushed him to his all-time limit, and no matter how much he adored her, she had gone too far. She had a tight knot in her stomach that told her Negan wouldn't just be locking her up this time. Negan was a man of his word. And when he said she was in for hell, she believed him.

She took a sharp breath of air and tried to control her shaking hands. Her mind refused to cooperate with her body. Negan twisted his jaw, letting out a soft grunting noise before reaching out and placing a hand over hers. They were suddenly warm, which helped the trembling, but it failed to ease the tightening knot in her stomach that just wouldn't seem to untangle.

She moved her hands a bit more towards him, so his arm wasn't outstretched. He shifted in his leather seat and leaned back, one palm gripping the wheel, the other comforting her. She wondered how he could control his temper like that. She knew he was still raging, but somehow he was able to put it aside for a few minutes for her sake. As grateful as she was, it didn't help with her worries.

"Fuck- stop it," he groaned, looking down at their hands. Hers were still shaking beneath his. She tensed, and tried once again, to relax. But his words and frustration didn't help. She shut her eyes.

"I can't help it. If I could, I would have stopped ten minutes ago, Jesus," she clenched her jaw, exasperated, and took her hands from his. Suddenly, they were cold, and she wished she could go back. But she couldn't. So she brought her knees to her chest and leaned against the truck's door.

Negan placed his hand back on the wheel, shooting a fleeting glance at the timid girl. "You sure you want to talk to me like that right now?"

Her breaths were sharp. Cold. "I didn't- I was going to give it back."

He turned his head. "Don't make it worse."

She knew how it seemed through his eyes. Hell, she'd even tried to put a knife in him once, and now she was stealing one? Why would he believe her anyways? If anything, she didn't believe herself. She'd knew it was there, and she didn't tell him. She kept it, just in case it would 'come in handy'. Now, it was coming back to bite her in the ass.