Chapter 4: Mission to Wave Part 1

2 Months After Spar

"Hokage-sama, can we please get a C-Rank or something? I'm tired of these measly chores that the civilians could do. Plus, whenever I do do something for them, they always say I'm doing it wrong while I'm doing the same thing the others are doing." Naruto said complaining. Iruka and Minato gave him a sympathetic look. They knew the villagers hate was never going to go down even though he was not the demon.

"Um, does Kakashi approve?" He asked looking at his former student. Kakashi nodded.

"They were ready the first day, but I was waiting for them to ask." Everyone in the room sweatdropped at Kakashi's statement except for Sai.

"Are. You. Serious?!" Naruto yelled. "I outghta take your porn and burn it right in front of you!" Kakashi's eye widened.

"No no no Naruto, no need to be hasty. I can change!" He said frantically. Minato sweatdropped seeing Kakashi's frantic begging. Naruto crossed his arms.

"You're fine...for now. But you'd best not be late for this C-Rank." Kakashi nodded immediately agreeing with Naruto that he wouldn't be late. Minato looked at the list of C-Ranks available and found one suitable.

"Okay Team 7. Your mission is to guard the bridge builder Tazuna." He walked over to the door and opened it. "Come on in Tazuna and meet your protectors." Minato called.

An old man with gray hair and glasses with a piece of white rope tied around his head with the lace sticking out walked in with a bottle of Sake in his hand. He looked over the group.

"This is my protection? Pfft. They look like wimps. Especially the pale boy with black hair." Naruto and Sai looked at each other. Sai was paler than Naruto but both were still pale in their own way. Naruto then spoke up.

"Which one?" Tazuna rose an eyebrow before pointing a Naruto. Tazuna went to drink his sake but it was no longer in his hand. He looked around to see Naruto holding it.

"This sake looks good doesn't it Tazuna-san? Too bad." Naruto walked over to a plant in the corner of the room and poured the sake in it. "Sorry. But it's ninja policy so you can't drink til your safe."

He's fast. Tazuna thought. "What do you mean til I'm safe? I'm safe right now aren't I?" Satsuki shook her head and laughed.

"You just made fun of Naruto-kun. You are not safe until your in your own house." Tazuna turned to Naruto who was grinning like a mad man. Tazuna inwardly cringed before he bowed.

"I apologise shinobi-san. I shouldn't have insulted your skills." Satsuki watched in awe. This man just bowed to Naruto and wasn't forced to do it. Naruto himself was shocked. He then blushed with embarrassment.

"Don't do that. It makes me uncomfortable." Naruto said shyly. Kakashi eye smiled before he started speaking.

"Meet me at the village gates in an hour." He was about to leave when Naruto spoke up.

"Kakashi-nii, isn't Itachi-nii coming with us?" Kakashi shook his head no. Itachi was on a mission taking out a missing nin from Iwa. Name was Deidara or something.

"No, sorry Naruto. He was sent out on a mission yesterday." Minato said with a small frown. Naruto frowned as well.

"He's been doing more missions lately." Naruto muttered before following Satsuki and Sai out the door.

An Hour Later

"Is everyone here?" Tazuna asked. Kakashi nodded his head before he started walking out the village. Naruto took a deep breath before he walked along with Kakashi with Satsuki and Sai in following quickly.