second year ➤sherbert lemon

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter forty three-sherbert lemon[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter forty three-sherbert lemon
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

The year quite honestly feels as though it's dragging on for eternity. Not yet has it even been Christmas break and already so much has happened. A few weeks have past since anything new has been discovered, both and the chamber and about (y/n). Unfortunately for us, we're at a lose, we don't know where to look anymore.

"What's the answer to question 23?" Ron asks from beside me.

"It's on page 394," Hermione replies.

"I didn't ask what page it was on," Ron rolls his eyes. "I asked for the answer."

Once again the three of us are in the library doing the last assignments before the break kicks off. Well, Ron and Hermione are. I'm finding it impossible to concentrate. Ginny enters the library and looks to every table in the place, sighing among seeing that they're all full. Reluctantly, she sits at the end of our table, keeping her distance. I sigh and twirl around my quill fully giving up on completing my homework.

I decide to distract myself, observing the library around me. I hear whispering and quiet gasping from behind me. Curiously, I turn my head around and immediately the two girls who had been whispering silence immediately, not so subtlety adverting their gaze. Lovely. Seems everyone around here thinks that I'm the heir of Slytherin. When I turn back to my friends, Ron flashes me a sympathetic look.

Suddenly self conscious with the growing feeling that I'm being watched, I turn over my shoulder again to see that I'm being watched by nearly every student in the hall. Everyone's pointing, whispering. It quite easily begins to mess with my head.

Frowning to myself I grow even more offended when Ginny stares at me almost suspiciously.

Like she's one to talk.

"Really?" I mouth to which she immediately turns her attention back to her book.

No longer can I take this. I close my own book and stand up from the table. "I'll see you guys later," I tell my friends.

The two nod understandingly and I turn to leave. Not until after I leave the library and enter the deserted hallway do I finally feel that there isn't somebody watching my every move.

"Go. Killllllllll. Killlllllllllllll."

There is it! The noise! I'm going to catch it this time, I have to. Determined, I walk along the hallway, pressing my hands and ear up against the brick wall, listening for any signs of movement. Nothing. I continue walking down the corridor, turning the corner and I jump backwards in complete shock.

Nearly Headless Nick floats motionless in the air but that isn't even what shocks me the most. Lying on the corridor floor is none other than Justin Finch-Fletchley. He too is still. Still, and unconscious. Least I hope he's unconscious.