second year ➤hagrid's hut

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifty three-hagrid's hut[Harry's P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifty three-hagrid's hut
[Harry's P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

I sneak stealthily across the damp midnight grass of the castle grounds under my dad's invisibility cloak alongside Ron and (y/n). The three of us head in the direction of the small, rocky home known to us as Hagrid's hut. When we reach his doorstep, (y/n) steps forward and knocks three times.

"Who's there?" Hagrid grumbles from the other side, not sounding at all like his usual, cheery self. The door kicks open from the inside and Hagrid stands firmly, holding a large crossbow in front of him. (y/n) jumps in surprise and Ron and I instinctively pull her back. "Hello?" Hagrid asks, glancing around the grounds, unable to see us from under the cloak. "Hello?"

We pull the cloak off us cautiously, not wanting to get shot with a crossbow but all we receive is a look of disapproval from Hagrid, most likely for giving him a startle and not announcing our presence immediately. I ignore his look and ask instead, "What's that for?"

"Oh, nothin' I was expectin' uh..." he struggles to come up with a fake answer. "It doesn't matter. Come on in. I just made a pot of tea."

I myself find amusement in the fact that Hagrid no longer scolds us for breaking curfew, and being out of Hogwarts in the midst of the night, while the rest of our classmates sleep soundly in their dorms. He must just be used to it by no. We let ourselves into his hut as he busies himself by pouring three cups of tea. His giant hands shake so much that the tea overflows, but he seems unfazed, even if he did notice it, he pretends he doesn't.

"Hagrid, are you okay?" I ask as (y/n) gives a quick wave of her wand and the tea cleans itself up.

"I'm fine. I'm alright," he replies shortly.

"Did you hear about Hermione?" I ask trying to start some conversation.

"Oh, yeah, I heard about that, alright," he nods. I notice he's being very difficult to talk to and turn to Ron and (y/n).

"Ok Hagrid," (y/n) begins. " I don't know what's up with you, but we're here for a reason. As much as we love you, we did not just come to have a cup of tea. We've gotta ask you something," she says.

Hagrid looks at her surprised and even I am a little taken aback by her bluntness. (y/n) never talks to him like that. It seems to work though, for the large man nods his head. "Alright then. Get on with it."

(y/n) clears her throat uncomfortably then turns to me. "Harry you were saying."

I roll my eyes at her for making me be the one to ask the ridiculous question, but do so nonetheless. "Look, we have to ask you something. Do you know who's opened the Chamber of Secrets?"