second year ➤a very strange chapter

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter fifty five-a very strange chapter[Narator P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter fifty five-a very strange chapter
[Narator P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟
She sits in her cell, quietly, patiently as she stares at the wall. She drowns out the screams coming from the walls beside hers. Idiots, she thinks. Screaming here does nothing for you. She scrambles up to her feet when she hears footsteps outside her cell. Only once each week in Azkaban does a guard come to ensure everyones secured, rather than a dementor.

Now she knows this guard, this guard she knows to be on her side. It makes her life much easier, he's how she's able to contact her daughter outside of this godforsaken place.

"Did I receive any letters?" She asks in a tone that could be mistaken as hopeful.

The guard shakes his head as he passes her cell. She curses and returns to her spot, sitting, staring at the wall. My daughter. My own daughter won't respond to my letters, she thinks. She'd be frustrated if it were anyone else, no one, not one person would dare to ignore her. But that's just the thing, (y/n) doesn't know her, not yet at least.

Now you may be wondering, as any sane person would, how exactly it is that this woman, completely cut off from the outside world is able to keep track of everything that happens in this little girl's life. Well, this woman is no woman to mess around with. She's got connections, loads of them. Even from in here. She's got spies at Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Spies that know things, things about (y/n) that (y/n) doesn't even know herself.

This woman is a terrible woman of whom has done terrible things, there's no doubt. However, when it comes to her daughter, she becomes only slightly less terrible.

She's scared though, terrified even, that her daughter may be on the wrong path, well, the right path. Yes, she's scared that her daughter will become soft, under the influence of the people she chooses to surround herself with. You can imagine then, that when she'd heard of the plot, when her daughter began petrifying left right and center, that she had never been so proud. It's now, she knows, that ignoring her letters is no option.

She walks over to the other side of the room and retrieves her parchment set and her ink, something she had got through great lengths, and done unspeakable things to achieve. She didn't care that her daughter was ignoring her, she'd write a letter that she knew would receive an answer. (y/n) wants answers and her mother was a genius at providing her with just enough to make her think she was getting somewhere but really, throwing more questions her way.

She waits for the guard to make his way back and she stops him before he leaves. She slides the letter under the door and he takes it subtlety before he leaves. She'll have to wait a week for him to return.

The next day, she's awaken much earlier than she intends to due to the sounds of guards yelling outside her cell. Normally she'd be angered by the disturbance, but seems she's been disturbed for good reason. She walks over to her cell door and peers out the window. She strains her neck to see, a complicated task due to the small window. She's lucky to get a window at all she supposes, of course the only reasoning of its existence being a way for the guards to ensure none of the prisoners have escaped.

They say you'd be crazy to try and escape Azkaban.

Of course though, she's known to be crazy.

She watches as a familiar man gets dragged into the cell just across from her. She remembers him from her school years, the giant one. Both of their eyes widen as they recognize each other and the man begins to thrash around violently. She can't help but to wonder if he knows about (y/n), knows her personally. The guards knock him unconscious before she gets the chance to ask, causing her to yell in frustration. Whatever, she thinks. Not like he'd tell her anyways.

After several days of sitting and humming, humming and sitting she sees her guard. As she does each week, she springs up and runs to her door.

"Do I have any-"

"Yes. Looks like your daughter came through."