second year ➤the free elf

HIS CHOSEN GIRLchapter sixty-the free elf[Your P

HIS CHOSEN GIRL
chapter sixty-the free elf
[Your P.O.V]
☟ ☟ ☟

"You two realize, of course, that in the past few hours, you have broken perhaps a dozen school rules," Dumbledore scolds.

Never in my life have I been so scared to face the professor. Dumbledore is surely the most powerful wizard I know and seeing him not in his usual, happy state is making me feel weird.

"Yes, sir," Ron and Harry reply quietly.

Literally seconds after Madam Pomfrey announced that I was okay, free to go, Dumbledore called the three of us onto his office to talk.

"And there is sufficient evidence to have you both expelled," Dunbledore continues to which my heart sinks for my boys.

"Yes, sir," they reply again.

Dumbledore turns to me and I squirm under his gaze. "As for you, Miss (l/n), you know, I'm sure, that should've come to me as soon as you found out that you were the heir of Slytherin," he rebukes. "You could've been facing things much more dreadful than an expulsion."

"But-" he raises an eyebrow at me so I lower my head and sigh. "Yes, sir."

"Therefore, it is only fitting... that you should all receive..." I tell myself not to cry as I wait for him to say the words that'll send us packing our bags. "Special awards for services to the school."

What?

I look at him in disbelief before turning to Ron and Harry who do the exact same. Did I hear that correctly? We're not expelled, let alone, we're actually getting rewarded?

Ron turns to Dumbledore and nods gratefully. "Thank you, sir."

I frown, feeling a pang of guilt, I most definitely should not deserve an award. After all, I was the one who was in charge of petrifying all of those people, if it weren't for me though not entirely my fault, no special awards would need to be given.

"Professor, I don't think I can accept that."

Dumbledore tilts his head. "And why not?" He asks.

"Please don't make me say it," I sigh, the tears threatening to spill even more under the professor's comforting gaze. "I'm responsible for the petrifications in the firs-"

"Miss (l/n). What has taken place this year is through no fault of your own. Your mind was being controlled, what else was there for you to do? More so, you did save people's lives, even if you did so without your knowledge. Tom Riddle would have made sure that his victims were dead rather petrified," he says. I smile gratefully and he winks. "And now if I may offer some advice, in the future, I suggest not saying anything when someone freely offers you an award."

I giggle. "Yes, sir."

He smiles in return before turning to Ron. "And now, Mr. Weasley, if you would, have an owl deliver these release papers from Azkaban. I believe we... we want our gamekeeper back."