third year ➤dementor

*written in january 2017 so may not be as cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Harry's P.O.V

"Oh for goodness sake! Don't lose him!" Mrs Weasley yells as she hands Ron his rat through the window jut before the train starts to move.

I lead my friends through the corridors trying to find an empty compartment while catching them up on this summers' drab events. "I didn't mean to blow her up. I just lost control."

"Brilliant," Ron says chuckling.

"Honestly, Ron, it's not funny. Harry was lucky not to be expelled," Hermione says.

"I think I was lucky not to be arrested, actually," I reply.

"Arrested? For blowing up your aunt? That's rubbish. Let me tell you something, if I was there I would've done a lot worse than blow her up," (y/n) says.

"I still think it was brilliant," Ron says.

I walk past a compartment with a single person huddled in the corner. Hermione opens the door but I give her a look. She gives me one back. "Come on. Everywhere else is full."

"Who do you think that is?" Ron asks at the person asleep in the corner.

"Professor R.J. Lupin," Hermione says.

"Ok, I know you're smart and all, but that's literally impossible," (y/n) says.

"Do you know everything? How is it she knows everything?"

"It's on his suitcase, you two."

"Oh," they say in unison.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" I ask.

"Definitely not. He's just waiting for us to start gossiping so he can eavesdrop," (y/n) answers. We look at her for a moment before she shakes her bed in disbelief. "It's called sarcasm," she waves her hand over his face which proves to be pointless because he has a blanket covering himself. She pushes him lightly. He stirrs but doesn't wake. "He's asleep."

"Why do you ask?" Hermione asks.

I stand up and close the compartment door. "I've gotta tell you something."

After driving for about a half hour the bright sun has turned into clouds of grey and rain pours heavily. I've finished catching them up on what Arthur Weasley told me yesterday at the Leaky Caldron.

"Let me get this straight. Sirius Black has escaped from Azkaban to come after... you?" Ron asks in disbelief.

I nod my head. "Yeah."

"But they'll catch Black, won't they?" Hermione asks. "I mean everyone's looking for him."
(y/n) scoffs.

"What?" Ron asks her.

"It's nothing. Just...who were the ones to get the Philosopher's stone in first year? Who were the ones to save the school last year? I wouldn't place any bets in their favour," Ron and Hermione flash her a look and she turns to me. "But you're gonna be fine!"

"Thanks, (y/n)."

The wheels of the train then start squeaking loudly.

"Why are we stopping?" Hermione asks. "We can't be there yet."

I open the compartment door and look out to see nothing but everyone else doing the same thing. The train jolts and I fly back onto my seat.

"What's going on?" Ron asks.

"Don't know. Maybe we've broken down," I answer.

"It's ok. Just take a deep breath and calm down, we're gonna be fine," (y/n) says before the power goes off. "J-just stay completely calm."

"Ouch, Ron, that was my foot," Hermione says to Ron as he looks out the window trying to see what's going on.

"See anything, Ron?" (y/n) asks.

"Yeah. There's something moving out there," he says as the power briefly comes back before going out again. "I think... someone's coming aboard."

The train jolts again causing us to jump slightly. The door opens and cold. And I hear Hermione breathing heavily. With each breath, the air fogs up around her and I suddenly realize how cold it is. We look towards the window as it starts icing over. I hear noises coming throughout the train and start to tense up. I think we all have a feeling this could be the work of Sirius Black.

The train jolts again but more viciously this time. "Bloody hell! What's happening?!" Ron exclaims.

"What the hex is that?" (y/n) asks quietly nodding her head in the direction of the window.

A dark figure in a hooded cloak stands beside our compartment door. It's arms are long and inhuman and it's long fingers reach for the door handle. (y/n) jumps up and holds out her wand.

"Sit down," Hermione hisses.

I try to pull her back down but she pushes me off. She faces the creature shaking slightly as it floats into the compartment. It looks around the compartment and the mood suddenly changes. Everything seems dreary and upsetting and I struggle to remain focused. The creature turns to me although I can't see it's face but it starts making a sort of whooshing sound and I start feeling faint.

"Hey!" (y/n) yells pushing it back.

The creature gets thrown back into the hall and Hermione screams.

"(y/n)! What did you do?" She asks.

"I have no idea," she replies shakily.

I pull her down beside me and she pulls me closer still gripping tightly onto her wand. The creature floats back into the compartment and stares at (y/n). It looks at her intently. She starts shaking and passes out seconds later. I stand up immediately ready to take on this creature when it starts making the whooshing sounds again this time looking at me. It's like it's pulling me towards it but I'm still sitting in the same place that I am. Next thing the person who was sleeping until now jumps up and blasts the thing with a spell. Everything becomes blurry and next thing I know I hear a woman shrieking. I try to get up and help but everything goes black.
************************