third year ➤hogwarts's designated sass queen

*written in january 2017 so may not be as cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Your P.O.V

"Is he gonna wake up? He's gonna wake up, right?" I ask Hermione nervously as I watch harry lie unconsciously on the floor.

"Yes, of course he will. You did."

I continue to watch nervously and try to listen as Ron and the guy from our compartment talk but I can't. I can't focus on anything until he wakes up.

Minutes later his eyes start to flutter open. Hermione hands him his glasses and he mutters a thank you.

"Here eat this. It'll help," says the guy handing Harry a piece of chocolate. "It's all right it's chocolate."

He looks at me quickly before I nod. I already ate mine. "You ok?"

"Peachy," I shrug.

He turns to the door and looks around. "Wha-what was that thing... that came?"

"It was a dememtor, one of the guards of Azkaban. It's gone now. It was searching the train for Sirius Black. If you'll excuse me, I need to have a little word with the driver," the guy, I believe his name was Lupin, says. He smiles at Harry when he gets to the door. "Eat. You'll feel better."

"What happened to us?" Harry asks looking at me cautiously.

"You sort of went rigid. W-we thought maybe you were having a fit or something," Ron answers.

"And-and did either of you two... you know... pass out?" He asks Hermione and Ron.

"No. I felt weird, though. Like I'd never be cheerful again," Ron says.

"But someone was screaming. A woman."

I look at Ron and Hermione confused. They told me I had already been passed out before Lupin woke up and Harry got knocked out so I probably wasn't conscious for it.

"No one was screaming, Harry," Hermione says.

He looks at me almost begging with his eyes for me to side with him but I just put a hand on his shoulder. "Eat the chocolate. It'll help."

**

I clap along with the rest of the great hall respectively as the Hogwarts choir finishes up their last notes. But I clap louder when Dumbledore comes up to talk.

"Welcome, welcome, to another year at Hogwarts. Now I'd like to say a few words before we all become too befuddled by our excellent feast. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J Lupin, who's kindly consented to fill the post of Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. Good luck, Professor."

We clap generously for Professor Lupin especially Ron, Hermione, Harry and I.

"Of course, that's why he knew to give you guys the chocolate," Hermione says.

"Hey. Potter. Potter!" Calls someone from behind Harry. "Is it true you fainted?" One of Malfoy's goons mock faints and Draco scoffs. "I mean, you actually fainted?"

"Shove off, Malfoy," Ron retorts.

"Don't be that way, Malfoy. Harry said he heard a woman's scream before he conked out. That definitely came from your compartment. And we all know it wasn't handsy Pansy over there," I say making him glower at me and earning a shrewish glare from Pansy.

"I don't even care about what he said anymore that was just too brilliant," Harry says.

"Respect," Ron agrees.

"Thank you boys, thank you," I reply before turning back to Dumbledore.

"... Care of magical creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be taken by none other than our own... Rubeus Hagrid," The hall bursts into applause again, mostly from the Gryffindor table, of course. "On a more disquieting note, at the request of the Ministry of Magic, Hogwarts will, until further notice, play host to the dementors of Azkaban until such time as Sirius Black is captured. The dementors will be stationed at every entrance to the grounds. Now whilst I've been assured that their presence will not disrupt our day-to-day activities... a word of caution. Dementors are vicious creatures. They will not distinguish between the one they hunt and the one who gets in their way. Therefore I must warn each and every one of you to give them no reason to harm you. It is nature of a dementor to be forgiving. But, you know, happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times... if one remembers to turn on the light."

Bummer. They lot of us shrug it off and await the traditional meal. After the feast, outstanding as usual, we get sent back to our dorms, me racing the boys up the stairs. Seamus is the first one there because he's had the most practice with the moving staircases. He also claims that the fat lady won't let him get through the portrait hole.

"Fortuna Major," he says to the fat lady portrait.

"Wait!" She says holding up her hand. "She stars singing and Seamus turns to us.

"Here, listen-she just won't let me in."

"Fortuna Major," Harry says.

"No, no, no, wait. Wait," she says. "Watch this."

She then goes on singing again trying to shatter a glass but when she can't reach the high note she starts screaming making everybody flinch.

She goes on for at least another minute before I jump in front of the picture and yell 'boo!' She screams and the glass smashes. I gasp and sarcastically say, "Amazing. Just with your voice... Fortuna Major."

"Yes, all right," she unlocks the door. "But you've gotten less fun," she says jabbing a finger at me.

"Thank you."

"What is up with you?" Ron asks.

"What are you talking about?" I reply.

"Since when did you get such an attitude?" Harry asks putting his arm around my shoulder.

I shrug. "Genetics apparently."

Seamus laughs. "I see it now, (y/n) (l/n), the sass queen of Hogwarts."

The twins get a glow in their eyes and I shake my head frantically.

"No. no, no, no, no, no. This is not going to be a huge thing," I protest.

"Ow!" Fred yells dramatically falling backwards into George's arms. "Georgie it hurts!"

"Be careful! Her sass can kill! For she is-"

"(y/n) (l/n) the sass queen of Hogwarts!" The kids currently in the common room shout.

"Oh, ok. Real mature. All of you," I yell back. I turn to Harry and roll my eyes. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, my queen," he says kissing my check.

"You're the worst, d'ya know that?"
*******************