third year ➤the grim

*written in january 2017 so may not be as cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no
characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Harry's P.O.V

After saying goodnight to (y/n), I head up the stairs to the boys dorms with the rest of the guys where Ron breaks out the candy he took from Fred and George.

(not sure why but i am really obsessed with this scene in the movie (it's at about 27:51 prisoner of azkaban btw you're welcome XD))

"Ok, let me go next," Seamus says unwrapping one of the candies.

"Oh, green. That's a monkey," Ron says as Seamus starts chewing.

Seamus starts chattering like a monkey and jerks his head around dramatically.

"What is that?" Ron asks.

"You call that a monkey?" I add.

"Do not give him one again," Dean adds.

"Hey, Neville, try an elephant," Ron says tossing a candy at Neville.

He takes it and starts making the trumpeting noise of an elephant making us all laugh again.

"Ron, catch," Seamus says throwing one at Ron. Ron takes it and stars roaring like a lion. Whilst making the dumbest faces ever and growling along with it.

"I think we have a winner," I say laughing.

I grab one and Ron widens his eyes. "Oh don't try one of them!"

I raise my eyebrows to annoying him and eat it anyway. The boys start cracking up when the noise of a steam engine whistle blows and smoke blows out my ears. Soon after we start throwing things at each other and do so until Percy walks in and tells us to keep the noise down or he'll get McGonagall to deal with us. Let's just say we went to bed after that.
**
The next morning I wake up with a headache. I had too much candy. That combined with me getting almost no sleep, doesn't put me looking my best for the first day of classes.

"Great hair, Harry," Seamus laughs at my obvious bed head.

"Thanks," I reply rubbing my eyes and attempting to tie my tie.

I eventually give up and walk down the the great hall for breakfast instead.

"Oh," (y/n) says when she sees me.

"Wow thanks, you look great too," I retort.

Which she does for the record. She constantly amazes me with how good she looks. Even if she just has her hair tied up with sweatpants on. She always looks perfect to me.

"Well I always look great," she says jokingly.

Did I mention she's also very modest?

I'm about to retort when she reaches over and ties my tie. She looks at my hair before laughing. "I'm not even gonna try to fix that."

I laugh but make a point of rolling my eyes. "Shove off, (y/n)."

"You still look cute don't worry," she says casually turning back to her breakfast.

I look up to see Ron and Hermione staring at us and mock gagging. "You know what? You don't get to do that, you were the ones who were pushing this to happen anyway."

"Yeah you're next," (y/n) says to which they blush and move away from each other.

After about ten minutes Hermione tells us to go our first class, Divination and promises to be there right away.

"Welcome, my children. In this room you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight," says our Professor before ironically bumping into the table in front of her.

(y/n) rolls her eyes from the table beside Ron and I. The Divination classroom is not like a usual classroom. This one is full of drapes and magic knick knacks and such. There are tea cups on our tables for some reason, oh , and we're sitting on cushions instead of chairs. I turn back to the Professor who looks around the room mysteriously.

"Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together, we shall cast ourselves into the future! This term, we shall be focusing on Tasseomancy which is the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you. What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read," she puts her hands on Seamus's head before continuing. "But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look... beyond!"

"What a load of rubbish," Hermione says from the table over.

"Where did you come from?!" Ron exclaims.

"Me? I've been here all this time."

(always.)

"You, boy-is your grandmother quite well?" She asks Neville cautiously.

"Uh, I-I think so," he replies.

"I-I wouldn't be so sure of that. Give me the cup," she asks Neville's partner, Dean. "Oh... hmm... pity.... broaden your minds," she walks over to Ron and jumps. "Your aura is pulsing, dear. Are you in the beyond? I think you are."

Ron nods. "Sure."

"Look at the cup. Tell me what you see."

"Oh, yeah, um... well," he begins flipping through his book. "Harry's got sort of a wonky cross. That's trials and suffering. And, uh, that there could be the sun, and that's happiness. So, uh... you're gonna suffer... but you're gonna be happy about it," he finishes making (y/n) burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, my cup said that I would be in a laughing mood today," she lies to Trelawney who nods understandably.

She then turns back to Ron. "Give me the cup," she screams and jumps back in terror. "Oh, my dear boy. My dear... you have... the Grim." A few students start gasping whilst Hermione scoffs.

"The Grin? What's the Grin?" Seamus asks.

"Not the grin, you idiot, the grim," someone corrects him. "Taking form of a giant spectral dog, it's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death."

Well this is great. I think looking down into my cup. Hermione kneels beside me and shakes her head.

"Don't fret about it, Harry. It's all rubbish anyway."

"Now, now dear girl. Just because you do not have the gift to see, does not mean you should bash the skillful work of Divination," Trelawney retorts.

"I'm just saying, there's no logic behind this class. Harry hasn't got any sort of Grim or whatever," Hermione says back earning a look of shock from Ron, (y/n) and I.

Trelawney looks as though she's about to retort when (y/n) interrupts. "Professor Trelawney? My aura tells me you should just... you know, end class?"

"You're right. Class is over. We need to let this poor, poor boy process the fact... that he... has the curse... of the Grim."
*****************