third year ➤the riddle

*written in january 2017 so may not be as cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Harry's P.O.V

"Talk to me about it," I say holding onto her hands. She opens her mouth to speak before closing it quickly and looking at the ground. "(y/n), it's ok. You can tell me."

She looks at me again her big, (e/c) eyes filled with fear. "H-Harry... I can't."

I sigh and nod my head understandingly. "You know what, no. Last year you didn't tell me what was going on and look how that went. I'll help you, (y/n). You know I'll do anything in my power to help you. Just... talk to me," I say surprising myself with my newfound confidence.

She looks at me clearly also surprised before looking away and wiping her eyes. "Imvoldemortsdaughter," she says quickly.

I look at her confused. "What?"

She sighs. "I'm Voldemort's daughter."

I feel my heart skips a beat and i find myself incapable of responding. 

"You see? This is why i didn't want to tell you! You can't even look at me," she says more tears spilling out of her eyes.

I grab her wrist as she tries to run away and pull her close to me. "I'm not mad at you."

"You aren't?" she asks in disbelief.

I chuckle. "(y/n)... it's not your fault your dad did the things he did. Just like it's not your fault your mum did the things that she did." she looks at me confused and I explain. "Hermione recognized her from your boggart. she put two and two together."

(y/n) sighs and rubs her eyes. "Stuff is gonna change for me around here."

I nod. "That's probably true. But I'll be here to help you get through it. Ron, Hermione, me, we'll all be here for you. You're not alone in this. You (y/n) (l/n) are the bravest person I know."

She flinches slightly. "Let's just call me (y/n) from now on. I don't want some strangers last name nor the last name of Voldemort himself."

We hear a gasp from a few feet away and I recognize a first year Gryffindor staring in horror clearly having heard part of our conversation, how much I'm not sure but definitely enough. They start running down the hall in fear and I start to run after them when
(y/n) grabs onto my wrist, as I had just done to her.

"What are you doing?" I ask. "I can easily get them to keep their more shut about... well, about whatever they just heard."

She shakes her head. "I know you're trying to protect me, but the truth is gonna come out anyway. Might as well come from him."

I nod and try to ignore the anger boiling up inside of me. It seriously ticks me off that people are already looking  and treating her differently just because of a title. I notice her bite her lip which she only does when she's nervous or right after i kiss her. She's probably more nervous right now though... well, no. Focus, Harry. I grab hold of her hand and pull her down the hall to clear her mind a bit. She ends up telling me most of what Dumbledore had said in their meeting and I listened sympathetically and lend her my shoulder to cry on when she needs it. When the time cane for dinner she decided she didn't want to face everyone yet, I agreed with her and we continue walking. Shortly after, we meet Hermione and Ron down one of the hallways saying they expected to find us walking around somewhere. The four of us walk to the astronomy tower, because there's rarely anyone up there, and (y/n) explains the story one more time.

"Wow," says Hermione after (y/n) finishes re-telling her story.

"Are you ok?" Ron asks.

"Don't be silly, Ronald. Of course she's not ok," Hermione says swatting him on the arm. "Not that it's bad that you're not ok. You completely deserve to be not ok."

(y/n) laughs making us all a little more relieved. "I'll be ok. I'm just not there yet."

"And that's ok," Ron, Hermione and I say teasingly.

The four of us break into laughter and for the moment we forget all about (y/n)'s hard day and Sirius Black and all the other problems we're currently facing and just enjoy each other's company.

The next day however, did not end with a happily ever after. I guess that little first year twerp spread word that (y/n) was a Riddle and the day just went down from there. It all started the moment we woke up. Some of the girls in (y/n) and Hermione's dorm room refused to sleep in the same room as her claiming that they 'didn't want to be in the same room as a disgrace to the wizarding world'. It only got worse from there. When we walked through the doors and into the grand hall for breakfast everyone immediately turned our way and stayed silent. (y/n) offered to go back to the common room but we of course, dragged her along with us. We sat down at our usual spot where most people moved away from us, like we were contagious or something. The only ones who stayed with us were Neville, the Weasley twins, Seamus and Ginny.

"You know what?" I forgot to write my transfiguration essay. I'd better get back to the dorms and do that," (y/n) had said.

"I thought you had finished that weeks ago," Hermione replied.

"Uh, no... you got me, I just said that to get you off my case about it," she shrugged although we could all tell that she was lying.

She got up from the table and ran off to the common room, conversation in the hall returning back to usual as she did. Then, in Divination, Trelawney made a point of asking her, mid class, if the rumours were true. But the worst is that she keeps telling us that she's fine. She's clearly not fine. And it's not ok that she's being treated like this. We're going to have to do something about this. I don't know what, or where, or when or how but we're gonna do something about it. I glance up at the girl who has her nose buried in her potions book occasionally looking down to take some notes.

I'm gonna fix this. I have to. For her.
*****************