third year ➤falling

*written in february 2017 so prolly won't be very cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Your P.O.V

The lightning flashes once again making me jump. I can't believe they didn't cancel Quidditch! It's pouring like mad and the thunder is louder than rampaging elephants on steroids. I snuggle myself further into my oversized t-shirt. I definitely underestimated how cold it was going to be. I turn my attention to the sky and frantically search it for Harry. Every time he escapes my glance, even for a minute I feel myself getting worried. I know I shouldn't. I should trust that he'll be ok but it's so hard with everything going on with Sirius Black.

"Would you calm down? He'll be ok," Ron says from beside me as he takes a break from cheering. Just because I'm worried about Harry doesn't stop everyone else from screaming their heads off.

"I know that," I retort and pretend that it's true.

He rolls his eyes but goes back to the game. I take a deep breath and continue watching the cutest raven haired boy fly around. He purposely flies just beside the Gryffindor cheering session and quickly winks at me as he does. I roll my eyes and try, but fail, not to smile. I love that boy.

The lightning hits one of the other players broom causing it to catch fire and Harry dodges her, but just nearly. I can tell he's struggling. He, along with the Hufflepuff Seeker fly up into the sky and out of my view. I start shaking again and I'm honestly not sure if it's from how cold I am or how afraid I am.

The crowd watches in anticipation as the two boys remain out of sight. A few minutes later, the Hufflepuff Seeker comes falling down. Madam Hooch runs down but not quickly enough. The Hufflepuff boy lands with a thud and Madam Pomfrey rushes over and her as well as a few of her nurses take the boy to the hospital wing. I watch in horror as moments later, Harry comes shooting down from the sky.

"No!" I yell out. I start running towards the Quidditch pitch followed by Ron and Hermione.

"Aresto momentum!"and Dumbledore calls out.

When I get to Harry he's out cold. His broom is completely destroyed which is gonna upset him so much. I follow the nurses to the hospital wing as do the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team and Ron and Hermione.

"He looks a bit peaky," Ron says after awhile of waiting for Harry to wake up.

"Peaky?" Fred questions.

"What'd you expect?" George adds.

"He fell over 100 feet."

"Come on, Ron, let's walk you off to the Astronomy tower-"

"And see what you look like," Fred finishes.

To my relief, Harry opens his eyes. "Probably a right side better than he usually does."

"You're up, thank goodness," I breathe.

"How're you feeling?" Hermione asks.

"Oh, brilliant."

"You gave us a right good scare there, mate," George says.

"What happened?" Harry asks.

"Well...you fell off your broom," Ron answers.

"Really?" Harry asks. "I meant the match. Who won?"

"No one blames you, Harry. The dementors aren't supposed to come inside the school grounds," Hermione says. "Dumbledore was furious. As soon as he saved you he sent them straight off."

"There's, uh, something else you should know too, Harry," Ron says holding Harry's snapped Quidditch broom under its blanket.

The lot of us look around at each other awkwardly. Ron pushes me forward. I shoot him a look.

"It'll hurt less if it comes from you."

I sigh and look down at Harry. "So, uh... when you fell, your broom kinda flew into the Whomping Willow and... it didn't really take it too well," I say as Ron shows him his destroyed broom.

The look on the poor boy's face. He closes his eyes and sighs.

"But you're alive!" Ron says. We shoot him a look and he kinda shrinks away.

We spend the rest of the day in the hospital wing until Madam Pomfrey says that Harry can go back to the common rooms. As we walk towards the common room Harry says he wants to take a few more laps around the corridors so I offer to walk with him.

"Why are you worrying about me so much?" Harry asks out of the blue.

"What do you mean?" I reply.

"I don't know, you just seem really protective. Not that I mind, I don't mind at all but I should be protecting you, shouldn't I?" He says.

"I'm not currently being hunted by a psychotic murderer."

"True."

As I look back up I see Cho and Alison walking over. Great. Both of them have expressively told me about their interest in Harry and now they're apparently all chummy?

"Hey, Harry," they say in an obnoxiously flirtatious way.

"Hey," Harry replays clearly oblivious to their crushes.

"We saw you fall today, are you ok?" Alison asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Harry says although he flinches, presumably because of his broom.

I give him a reassuring pat on the shoulder and smile sympathetically.

Cho tilts her head and furrows her brow. "Oh... are you two together?"

I feel a blush creep up over my cheeks and I turn to Harry. He looks at me with just as much awkwardness. I just start laughing and drag him away.

"You're the best, you know that?"

"Don't flatter me, Potter."
****************