third year ➤flying

*written in february 2017 so prolly won't  be very cringey*

A/n
Hey guys once again I own no characters, plot or dialogue except for the ones I make up:) thanks and enjoy my chapter of His Chosen Girl
********************
Harry's P.O.V

"I'm sorry to hear about your broomstick," Remus says as we continue strolling through the forest. "Is there no chance of fixing it?"

"No," I reply. "Professor, why do the Dementors affect me so? I mean, more than everyone else?"

He stops in his tracks. "Listen, the Dementors are amongst the foulest creatures to walk this earth. They feed on every good feeling, every happy memory, until the person is left with nothing but his worst experience. You are not weak, Harry. The Dementors affect you most of all because there are true horrors in your past. Horrors that your classmates can scarcely imagine. You have nothing to be ashamed of."

"I'm scared, Professor," I reply admittedly.

"Well I'd consider you a fool if you weren't," he says.

"I need to know how to fight them... and so does (y/n). Come on, you already said you would. And you know how to, you fought that one on the train," I beg.

"There was only one that night."

"But you made it go away."

"Well, I don't pretend to be an expert, Harry, but as the Dementors seem to have developed, a particular interest in you, perhaps I should teach you, but after the holidays. For now I need to rest," he says finally.

"Thank you, Sir," I say gratefully.

"But may I ask you, Harry... why is it so important for you that Miss Riddle be taught along with you?"

"She's scared, Professor. She acts like she's not and completely denies it. But I can tell that she's scared. From Sirius Black to her finally finding out her past. It's been a difficult year for her no doubt," I say honestly thinking about how hard this year has been on her.

Lupin nods understandingly before smiling. "So I see. And you think that if she knows how to defend herself-"

"She'll be less worried."

"Alright then. It's settled. Starting after winter break, I'll teach the both of you how to handle dementors."
**

I watch as (y/n) sadly looks down at the third years follow the teachers to Hogsmede. I hate seeing her this sad. Even if it's just about a group of thirteen year olds leaving school grounds.

"(y/n), if it makes you upset, don't watch them leave," I say.

She shrugs. "It's just not fair. We should get to go to hogsmede. It's not like it's our fault our parents can't sign our permission slips."

"Yeah, yeah I know," I say walking closer to her.

She sighs and rests her head on my shoulder. "Don't be offended at all though. I do enjoy spending time with you."

"I'm not, don't worry," I say smiling.

"So what are we going to do today?" She asks.

I think for a few seconds before the perfect idea hits me. I grab her hand and pull her to one of my favourite places, the Quidditch pitch.

"(y/n) Riddle, I'm gonna teach you how to fly," I say smiling.

She turns to me eyes wide. "No way. Seriously? But, Harry, should you really be flying? I mean you just got out of the hospital wing."

"I'm positive. Plus, it won't be too long until Fred and George leave and the team'll need beaters."

She smiles at this. Back in first year, when Wood was teaching me the basics of Quidditch, he saw her hit one of the Bludgers and made her promise to tryout for the team when we have open spots.

"Ok then, teach me how to fly."

We set off to the locker rooms where I borrow the twins' brooms and bring them out to the field. I show her the basics and she pretends like she's got it.

"Ok now actually do it," I say.

She starts concentrating before she starts hovering off the ground and then matching my height.

"This is bloody awesome," she says.

I smile. "You're a natural. Now before you start testing out speed, you should probably-"

She cuts me off by soaring past me and around the pitch. She's pretty fast, like really bloody fast. I fly after her trying to catch up.

She turns her head over her shoulder and sees me gaining on her. She tries to go quicker and succeeds. "You're gonna have to do better than that, Potter."

I put all my focus on her and manage to pull speed. I fly up right beside her and wink. "Did you really think you could put fly me on your first try flying?"

"Kind of, yeah," she says.

I stop mid air and she does too. With my free hand I use it to tuck away a stand of her hair and she locks her eyes with mine. I start leaning in to kiss her and when I'm only inches away from her lips I turn my broom around and start flying back towards the ground smirking like crazy.

"HARRY POTTER YOU ARSE I'M GONNA GET YOU BACK FOR THAT!"

I love that girl
****************