Chapter 22 | Cole

I don't usually write at the top of the chapters, but I wanted to say this first: I encourage you to read the author's note at the end of this chapter, to help clarify some things about Cole's personality.

The weekend was such a drag. 2 days felt like 2 weeks.

I realised something, though. I can't get it on with any girl anymore. Sex with Gianna was boring and sex with Violet was irritating.

The whole time I pictured Myles' big, innocent, blue eyes staring at me. But then I shook my head and Violet's dull, lustful grey eyes appeared.

I fucked up with Myles so bad.

Things only got more messed up as the day progressed.

I had been keeping my eye out for Myles so far today but I haven't seen him. I don't even know if he was here today. I hope he isn't too upset.

I'm such a stupid fool, of course he's upset, he ran out of my house crying.

It was about halfway through the school day and I was getting ready for 6th period after break. I was alone in the hallway when Myles approached me on his own accord.

"Hey," I tried to greet him softly.

He narrowed his eyes. He looked angry.

"The whole time you were just m-messing with me!" He spat.

"Huh?" But I heard.

"You never really gave a title on our relationship. At first I realised it was just experimenting, but I didn't think it would go on for long. Then, you ask me out on a date. After a while I a-actually started to develope some
f-feelings for you. You've been with other girls the whole time. I was an idiot for thinking you cared!" He shouted the last sentence.

He was trying to be quiet but anger and the rest of his emotions were getting the better or him. Tears were pooling in his eyes.

"Myles.. what is going on?" I asked.

"You know exactly what!" He yelled at me.

Myles pulled out his cracked iPhone and a tear dropped onto the screen.

He shoved his phone in my face. I looked at it and my eyes widened. It was a video of me and Violet, right before we had sex after the incident with Myles on Friday night.

"Myles... I can explain-" I was cut off.

"How many times did you
h-have," hiccup, "sex with other girls?"

"Myl-"

"How many?"

"Once, that video is it, but I've made out with others." I admitted.

He gulped and shook his head, whilst crying.

He turned around and took a few steps away from me, but I spun him back around and said, "I'm sorry."

"Save it. You're a jerk." He didn't say it loud. He did say it with such force and seriousness that I actually flinched, though.