✙ Chapter 22 ✙

Hey!

So, I don't really have much to say, other than no negative comments! It's a bummer when I read a negative comment; to be honest, it pushes me back from updating! I've received quite a few and I don't want anymore! Thanks! Oh, and I don't know about you, but this Valentine's Day, I've felt utterly alone! Arg! Anyways, I hope you like this chapter - may your questions all be answered ;)

~ Lissa

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I opened my eyes, I knew something was wrong.

No, it wasn't because Cole was standing at my side, prepared to snatch me if I launched myself at his Alpha, Drew. It was because I felt amazing - I didn't feel the slightest amount of pain in my body; not from the mark on my neck or the bites from being mauled the day in the forest. What the hell? I thought, confused. Being mauled by Drew's pack members happened awhile ago, but there should've been some pain, whether it was stinging or soreness. In fact, from the past few days, all the soreness in my body was gone - my muscles were no longer complaining. I looked at Drew who was seated at the end of the bed, watching me with cautious eyes. When he noticed my confusion, he started rubbing my leg, hoping to keep me calm as I slowly started piecing things together.

I looked down at the leg he was rubbing; the same leg where a healing bite mark should've been, but there wasn't one. My eyes widened and I searched my arms for the multiple scratches and scraps, but there weren't any. "Nora. . ." The mention of my name caused me to grit my teeth together; what the f*ck happened? Hesitantly, I lifted my fingers to my neck where Drew's mark rested, surprised to feel the bandage gone.

And, his teeth marks.

Oh no.

"What the f*ck did you do!?" I screamed, suddenly lunging forward at him. Instantly, Cole's hands shot out, grabbing my shoulders and holding me back against the headrest. I squirmed in his grasp, glaring at Drew who pushed himself off the bed, stumbling a step away. His tired eyes widened at the murderous look on my face; knowing I was completely healed and bottled with energy made him aware of how dangerous I was. I scratched at Cole's hands, breathing heavily through my clenched teeth. "What did you do to me!?"

He held up his hands. "Nora, calm down."

"You dumba*s! You didn't - tell me you didn't!" I shouted, feeling his Beta's grip on me tighten. I looked at Cole with narrowed eyes, swinging my fist around towards his abdomen. Somehow, he managed to lean away while keeping his hold on me; nervously, he glanced at Drew, his blond curls falling into his hazel eyes. With a frustrated groan, I turned my attention back to Drew, p*ssed. "No! You didn't! Y-you couldn't have!"

"No, I didn't," he assured, nodding at me. "Please, just calm down and I'll explain."

"You didn't - "

"No, I didn't change you," he said, slowly approaching the bed. "You're still human, okay? If you calm down, I'll explain." He forced a grin, hesitantly taking a seat at the end of the bed. If he dared to touch me, I wasn't going to regret kicking him. Still confused, I took a deep breath, slowing down my hammering heart and pushing away the adrenaline from my frustration. Drew watched with caution, looking pleased when my body stopped shaking in anger. Though, Cole's hands remained on my arms, gripping tightly.

I frowned at him. "Get your f*cking hands off me."

"I'm following an order."

I snapped my head around, scowling at Drew. He ran his fingers through his hair, before hesitantly commanding, "Let her go." Reluctantly, Cole nodded and released me, stumbling away in fear of me lashing out at him. I watched him lean against the nearest wall, folding his arms across his chest, making his muscles bulge. Still prepared to protect his Alpha, he kept his eyes locked on me, watching for any twitch. Gritting my teeth together, I looked back at Drew, clenching my hands into fists in my lap. He bit his bottom lip, the bed squeaking beneath him. "Nora, you know a werewolf won't hesitate to protect their mate - I did exactly that."